The Student Room Group

Can people give me advice on what I should surgically alter?

I'm strongly considering having plastic surgery and I'd welcome people's opinions on which facial features I should get altered and how I should do so. If you're happy to help then I'll send you a PM with pictures of me.

And please don't bother telling me things like "you don't need it" or "just be confident" or stuff like that; I've heard it all more times than you would believe and it's not helpful.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Post Pics.
Why do you want to do it?

(Just curious)
Reply 3
Original post by Legendary Quest
Why do you want to do it?

(Just curious)

I'm tired of having my quality of life negatively impacted by my appearance.
Reply 4
Im willing to help
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I'm strongly considering having plastic surgery and I'd welcome people's opinions on which facial features I should get altered and how I should do so. If you're happy to help then I'll send you a PM with pictures of me.

And please don't bother telling me things like "you don't need it" or "just be confident" or stuff like that; I've heard it all more times than you would believe and it's not helpful.
Wait, you actally sound like you want surgery but don't know what. As in you just want surgery.

What's the point in that?

Whilst I don't think you should, I don't mind giving some advice if your going to anyway.

Why are girls so keen on surgery? People who are far from ugly feel the need to get surgery because they don't like their nose or something silly like that
(edited 7 years ago)
Go ahead, have surgery but don't think for one second it's going to make a difference to your confidence in the long term. Sooner or later, you'll want to fix another flaw

Original post by cbreef
Why are girls so keen on surgery? People who are far from ugly feel the need to get surgery because they don't like their nose or something silly like that

How do you know it's a girl?
Original post by Mrs House
Go ahead, have surgery but don't think for one second it's going to make a difference to your confidence in the long term. Sooner or later, you'll want to fix another flaw

It's pretty damn obvious
Original post by cbreef
It's pretty damn obvious

Don't see it. It could easily be a guy...
News flash, both genders are affected by stuff like this
No matter how bad you think you look, you aren't. Everyone is beautiful in their own way. I wouldn't recommend getting plastic surgery. Something could go wrong and it's not a one off thing, you'll have to keep getting surgery to keep any changes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Without a pic I can't really help but maby liposuction or a boob job DO NOT get your lips done that looks **** really look at yourself I the mirror and say to yourself what don't I like about my appearance and please don't do a Kardasian Kim looks Stupid with that obviously alterd bottom that's the other thing don't get somthing done that is obviously fake
While I'm not necessarily opposed to such procedures, their value lies chiefly in correcting obvious cosmetic defects and aberrations, perfecting an already more or less uniform appearance, or realising a specific (if potentially, quite personal) idea of beauty. If you can't even tell us what it is you dislike about yourself, no amount of gratuitous 'augmentation' will ever assuage your self-loathing.
(edited 7 years ago)

No sh*t. I am too. But something about this post tells me it's definitely a girl.
I'm willing to help PM me
You should post a picture on here. I'm also thinking of getting rhinoplasty done ..
Original post by cbreef
It's pretty damn obvious

Original post by cbreef

Original post by cbreef
No sh*t. I am too. But something about this post tells me it's definitely a girl.

Original post by New- Emperor
Without a pic I can't really help but maby liposuction or a boob job DO NOT get your lips done that looks **** really look at yourself I the mirror and say to yourself what don't I like about my appearance and please don't do a Kardasian Kim looks Stupid with that obviously alterd bottom that's the other thing don't get somthing done that is obviously fake

I'm a guy.
I don't think plastic surgery should have such a stigma but don't think you need to change everything about yourself! If you get into that mindset you might get addicted and never be happy with the outcome.

If you do decide to go through with surgery make sure it's with an experienced surgeon who has the qualifications and experience to do the best job possible and knows when to stop. I recently read a story about a boy who had 6ml of lip fillers in his lips in one week then they leaked, a professional would not have done that as they would've seen it was dangerous!
If you want something this drastic you should make the decision yourself, its going to stick with you for the rest of your life.

Plastic surgery does not always lead to confidence/you feeling content.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending