The Student Room Group

Second degree - midwifery - 2017 entry - what loans can I apply for?

Hello all,

I would just like to get a definitive answer on what funding I will be eligible for when I apply for 2017, now that the NHS bursaries have been scrapped.

I originally studied Mathematics and Spanish language, graduating in 2011, and received both tuition fee and maintenance loans at the time. I now wish to re-train as a midwife but, as I need time to complete an Access Course to get the relevant foundations for the science-based course, I will be applying for September 2017 entry.

Can I apply for tuition fee and maintenance loans from Student Finance? Are any of these means-tested? I think I will be applying for the three-year BSc midwifery qualification, given that my degree is not relevant to nursing/midwifery.

Thank you for the help,
Rachel
Original post by rkelley89
Hello all,

I would just like to get a definitive answer on what funding I will be eligible for when I apply for 2017, now that the NHS bursaries have been scrapped.

I originally studied Mathematics and Spanish language, graduating in 2011, and received both tuition fee and maintenance loans at the time. I now wish to re-train as a midwife but, as I need time to complete an Access Course to get the relevant foundations for the science-based course, I will be applying for September 2017 entry.

Can I apply for tuition fee and maintenance loans from Student Finance? Are any of these means-tested? I think I will be applying for the three-year BSc midwifery qualification, given that my degree is not relevant to nursing/midwifery.

Thank you for the help,
Rachel

Yes you can apply for everything (as far as they've announced so that) and the maintenance loan will be means tested.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
Yes you can apply for everything (as far as they've announced so that) and the maintenance loan will be means tested.

Thank you so much for the help!

Quick Reply