The Student Room Group

Your exam technique

I am currently evaluating my exam technique using past papers. What are your favourite techniques?
Past papers definitely.
Reply 2
My favourite technique is answering the questions correctly
Works like a charm
Try to verbally say the concepts out loud or teach someone- maybe a friend or family member or even your teddy bear.:biggrin: and just revisit the parts you get stuck on.
even drawing out the conceps as diagrams or mindmaps can help assess your learning.
good luck!
Original post by TheContingency
I am currently evaluating my exam technique using past papers. What are your favourite techniques?

I never had a 'favourite.' But the most effective are definitely past papers!:smile:
Reply 5
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
My favourite technique is answering the questions correctly
Works like a charm

oooooh someones throwing the shade !!! hehehe
Reply 6
depends what the subject is - for english lang i found that reading examiner reports was actually usual as there were some very useful hints about what stuff to mention to get the higher marks which I was sure to include in my A2 exams
Reply 7
Original post by fefssdf
oooooh someones throwing the shade !!! hehehe

[video="youtube;HkEbbU9ZPv4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkEbbU9ZPv4[/video]
Reply 8
[video="youtube;HkEbbU9ZPv4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkEbbU9ZPv4[/video]

hmmm you've got a shady comeback as well :biggrin:
Reply 9
Original post by fefssdf
hmmm you've got a shady comeback as well :biggrin:

One needs ample shade in overly warm times like these
Guessing with crossed fingers usually works
Original post by 2000rules
Try to verbally say the concepts out loud or teach someone- maybe a friend or family member or even your teddy bear.:biggrin: and just revisit the parts you get stuck on.
even drawing out the conceps as diagrams or mindmaps can help assess your learning.
good luck!

I totally agree with you! Teaching is the best way to get the concepts nailed in. Mindmaps also work but diagrams kind of take ages e.g. to colour in even though simple ones can be drawn as well. But I really want my notes to be colourful as possible :biggrin:
Original post by Workangel_24
I totally agree with you! Teaching is the best way to get the concepts nailed in. Mindmaps also work but diagrams kind of take ages e.g. to colour in even though simple ones can be drawn as well. But I really want my notes to be colourful as possible :biggrin:

colour coding notes and diagrams helped me a lot too!
One needs ample shade in overly warm times like these

Can't say i disagree

Quick Reply

Latest