The Student Room Group

First year london accommodation

Are there any first years who are looking for private halls/accommodation? I'm looking for somewhere that a lot of first year students will be going to so I won't be alone lol

Scroll to see replies

Original post by gelatogorl
Are there any first years who are looking for private halls/accommodation? I'm looking for somewhere that a lot of first year students will be going to so I won't be alone lol

Hey man, check out my post renting a 1 bedroom flat, right opposite 2 huge blocks of unite students accommodation.

Here's a link to my thread or you should be able to find it through my profile http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4224042

Hey man, check out my post, I'm renting a one bedroom flat in hale village, right opposite two blocks of student accommodation, so you can get the uni life while also having your own space.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4224042
Hi Gelato, which university are you going to?
Reply 4
Original post by Prodigy Living
Hi Gelato, which university are you going to?

I'll be going to UCL. I've looked at some of your properties but is it possible to shorten the length of the contract? 51 weeks is way too long and somethong around 40 would be more practical.
I'll be going to UCL. I've looked at some of your properties but is it possible to shorten the length of the contract? 51 weeks is way too long and somethong around 40 would be more practical.

Nice!

What were your thoughts on Tufnell House? It's around 20 minutes from the campus on the Northern Line (we have a fair few UCL students staying there).

They offer 43 week tenancies which should be more in line with what you're looking for :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Prodigy Living
Nice!

What were your thoughts on Tufnell House? It's around 20 minutes from the campus on the Northern Line (we have a fair few UCL students staying there).

They offer 43 week tenancies which should be more in line with what you're looking for :smile:

It's a little over my budget as I was looking for something £200 or less but I'm still considering it. Is it possible to be placed with other UCL students?
Also a first year going to UCL - I'll be staying at the Grand Felda Wembley and hoping (praying) that there are a couple UCL students there!Slightly far from campus but totally worth it considering it's brand new
Reply 8
Original post by agreenpotato
Also a first year going to UCL - I'll be staying at the Grand Felda Wembley and hoping (praying) that there are a couple UCL students there!Slightly far from campus but totally worth it considering it's brand new

Hey, grand felda looks really good actually! I'm glad I'm not the only first year UCL student going for private accommodation!
It's a little over my budget as I was looking for something £200 or less but I'm still considering it. Is it possible to be placed with other UCL students?

Morning!

Yes, when you select your room you can see who else is staying in the flat in terms of gender, academic year, and university :smile:
Hey, grand felda looks really good actually! I'm glad I'm not the only first year UCL student going for private accommodation!

Ha, yeah we're a pretty rare bunch - UCL accommodation seems to be pretty popular despite all the controversies around it. What are you studying?
Reply 11
Ha, yeah we're a pretty rare bunch - UCL accommodation seems to be pretty popular despite all the controversies around it. What are you studying?

Architecture, you?
Pharmacy
Reply 13
Hi, I am starting a masters in September, and since I have never lived in London before, I am having some problems in finding an accommodation that meets my requirements. It should be: near to UCL on foot, shared with other students, not more than 4 people living in the flat, and around 750/800 pcm. So Gelatogorl, I guess we are looking more or less for the same kind of accommodation. Given that, it would be nice if we stayed in contact, to help each other out :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Suinos
Hi, I am starting a masters in September, and since I have never lived in London before, I am having some problems in finding an accommodation that meets my requirements. It should be: near to UCL on foot, shared with other students, not more than 4 people living in the flat, and around 750/800 pcm. So Gelatogorl, I guess we are looking more or less for the same kind of accommodation. Given that, it would be nice if we stayed in contact, to help each other out :smile:

Hey! I decided to go with Grand Felda House which is the price range you're looking for (190 pw), 4-5 people per flat but is in Wembley.
Hey! I decided to go with Grand Felda House which is the price range you're looking for (190 pw), 4-5 people per flat but is in Wembley.

That's awesome, I'll see you there! When are you planning on moving in?
Reply 16
That's awesome, I'll see you there! When are you planning on moving in?

Hopefully around the 16th Sept, what about you? I'm glad you told me about it! I would've struggled finding something otherwise!
Hopefully around the 16th Sept, what about you? I'm glad you told me about it! I would've struggled finding something otherwise!

Sorry I didn't see this earlier - I just moved in today! How do you like it so far?
Reply 18
Sorry I didn't see this earlier - I just moved in today! How do you like it so far?

Hey! It's nice here but suuuuper quiet! I guess I knew private halls would be less social than uni halls but still! how are you finding it?
haha, ea, it's practically dead in here compared to halls so kinda forces you to meet people at UCL. Love how new everything is and how close the stores are but I'm slowly but surely starting to hate the commute

Quick Reply

Latest