The Student Room Group
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee

Has anyone stayed in Parker House?

How is it? Safe enough to walk to university of dundee?

How about in terms of price - all utilities included as well?

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by samsey
How is it? Safe enough to walk to university of dundee?

How about in terms of price - all utilities included as well?

Thanks!

It is safe to walk to our campus. :h:

All info on prices etc can be found here https://www.prodigy-living.co.uk/cities/dundee/parker-house
Campus Green, University of Dundee
University of Dundee
Reply 2
Original post by Airmed
It is safe to walk to our campus. :h:

All info on prices etc can be found here https://www.prodigy-living.co.uk/cities/dundee/parker-house

Thank you! I read some reviews and most said the price was quite high. But it the price is actually just similar to The Hub, and cheaper than uni residence halls. Wonder if there are hidden charges...

Anyway thanks again!
Original post by samsey
Thank you! I read some reviews and most said the price was quite high. But it the price is actually just similar to The Hub, and cheaper than uni residence halls. Wonder if there are hidden charges...

Anyway thanks again!

Hey Samsey - Parker House is one of our communities; so hopefully we can help with any questions.

There are no hidden charges. The price on the website is the price you pay (and all utility bills, the gym, and all our social events are included in that too) :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Prodigy Living
Hey Samsey - Parker House is one of our communities; so hopefully we can help with any questions.

There are no hidden charges. The price on the website is the price you pay (and all utility bills, the gym, and all our social events are included in that too) :smile:

Oh great!

One other question - is there a way to reserve with only a nominal amount of payment? Just noticed that some housing sites allow like a 10-day reservation period before having to pay for the entire deposit.

Also, if under a scholarship where tuition and stipend (including for housing) are covered, could the guarantor requirement be waived?

Thank you.
Original post by samsey
Oh great!

One other question - is there a way to reserve with only a nominal amount of payment? Just noticed that some housing sites allow like a 10-day reservation period before having to pay for the entire deposit.

Also, if under a scholarship where tuition and stipend (including for housing) are covered, could the guarantor requirement be waived?

Thank you.

When you book a room, you will have 7 days to accept the tenancy otherwise it will become available after this time. A refundable £250 deposit is required too - the deposit is converted into a damage deposit after you move in and is refunded to you once you move out (minus any deductions for damages).

This is standard for almost all student accommodation residences :smile:

Congratulations on the scholarship! Guarantor's are unfortunately still required if the payments are paid in instalments. However, if the rent payments are paid in full before you move in, you will not need a guarantor.

Hope that helps!
Reply 6
When you book a room, you will have 7 days to accept the tenancy otherwise it will become available after this time. A refundable £250 deposit is required too - the deposit is converted into a damage deposit after you move in and is refunded to you once you move out (minus any deductions for damages).

This is standard for almost all student accommodation residences :smile:

Congratulations on the scholarship! Guarantor's are unfortunately still required if the payments are paid in instalments. However, if the rent payments are paid in full before you move in, you will not need a guarantor.

Hope that helps!

This is very helpful, thank you.
Unfortunately there are no more en suite rooms available :frown: I've enlisted under the waitlist. Hope a slot gets freed up soon.

Thanks again.
Original post by samsey
This is very helpful, thank you.
Unfortunately there are no more en suite rooms available :frown: I've enlisted under the waitlist. Hope a slot gets freed up soon.

Thanks again.

You're welcome!

En Suites may become available on results day when students find out which universities they're going to. I'll try and find out how many are on the waiting list for you if you want?

Please let us know if you have any further questions, or if you want to speak to Parker House directly, their email address is [email protected].

Hopefully we will see you in August/September! :smile:
Reply 8
You're welcome!

En Suites may become available on results day when students find out which universities they're going to. I'll try and find out how many are on the waiting list for you if you want?

Please let us know if you have any further questions, or if you want to speak to Parker House directly, their email address is [email protected].

Hopefully we will see you in August/September! :smile:

If it's not too much of a burden for you, yes please I'd appreciate if I could know how many are in line for slots. I applied for Bronze and Silver.

Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending