The Student Room Group

Need help with IELTS

Hi guys,
I received my IELTS results and my university has asked me to tell them my TRF number so that they can check them online.
What is a TRF number?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
Just google it. You'll find all the information ther.
How did they go?
Reply 2
TRF is the test report form number. It should be on your certificate in the bottom right corner
Reply 3
Well I found this on google images, if this means something
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks guys! Is there any way I can get this number online? I'm away from home at the moment and I won't be able to get my hands on my certificate any time soon (as it has been posted to the address where I live)

Original post by Devify
TRF is the test report form number. It should be on your certificate in the bottom right corner

Original post by Potatoo
Well I found this on google images, if this helps
Reply 5
Original post by BioOx
Just google it. You'll find all the information ther.
How did they go?

Got an 8.5 :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by Highroller16

That's really good. I got 7.5 when I took it 3-4 years ago. Mostly messed up with talking cause I had to talk for a minute about a recently made friend but I couldn't think of much to say :sigh:

As for the number, if you got the results online, try checking for it there. ( For the format, it should have 2 numbers then 2 letters for the country followed by your candidate number, first 3 letters of your surname, first letter of your first name and then 3numbers and 1 letter)
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7

Wow!! Congratzzz
I need a 7.0 (Oxford) and I am afraid that I might struggle.
I am a polyglot but mehh I do not know how to speak properly in my own language..and English is just a whole new level

How did you prepare?
Reply 8
Original post by Devify
That's really good. I got 7.5 when I took it 3-4 years ago. Mostly messed up with talking cause I had to talk for a minute about a recently made friend but I couldn't think of much to say :sigh:

I thought my speaking part was pretty bad ha, literally all of it was about food (what type of food I like, who I eat my food with, etc.). And I got an 8.0 in my listening, missed 2 questions due to some guy coughing every now and then in the test room :colonhash:
Reply 9
I thought my speaking part was pretty bad ha, literally all of it was about food (what type of food I like, who I eat my food with, etc.). And I got an 8.0 in my listening, missed 2 questions due to some guy coughing every now and then in the test room :colonhash:

I got 6 in my speaking :biggrin: most of mine was my hobbies, what I watch on TV, what I like to do with my friends and stuff like that. I was fine when chatting and answering questions. But then she gave me like 30seconds to prepare and I had to ramble about a recently made friend for a minute if not more. I can't really remember since it was so long ago. And I couldn't really think of anything much to say. Managed like 2-3 sentences and went blank
Original post by BioOx
Wow!! Congratzzz
I need a 7.0 (Oxford) and I am afraid that I might struggle.
I am a polyglot but mehh I do not know how to speak properly in my own language..and English is just a whole new level

How did you prepare?

Didn't do anything to be completely honest (not trying to brag), so I'm not the best person to ask. I guess it was just easy for me because I'm bilingual.. Hope my A-Levels go well too haha :colondollar: (not Oxford btw)

P.S. My uni asked for 6.5
Original post by Devify
I got 6 in my speaking :biggrin: most of mine was my hobbies, what I watch on TV, what I like to do with my friends and stuff like that. I was fine when chatting and answering questions. But then she gave me like 30seconds to prepare and I had to ramble about a recently made friend for a minute if not more. I can't really remember since it was so long ago. And I couldn't really think of anything much to say. Managed like 2-3 sentences and went blank

Yeeah I hate it so much when this happens in speaking tests.. I usually try to avoid it by not over preparing and giving spontaneous answers, first things that come to mind, almost always complete bs:u:. Usually works for me, even in other languages (A-Levels)
Reply 12
Yeeah I hate it so much when this happens in speaking tests.. I usually try to avoid it by not over preparing and giving spontaneous answers, first things that come to mind, almost always complete bs:u:. Usually works for me, even in other languages (A-Levels)

I'm good at writing bs but I'm one of those people who don't really talk unless they have something to say. I can't really ramble on command unless it's something I'm passionate about. I'd probably do better now if I had to retake it. I was really shy as a kid and hadn't really gotten over that yet when I took the exam
Original post by Devify
I'm good at writing bs but I'm one of those people who don't really talk unless they have something to say. I can't really ramble on command unless it's something I'm passionate about. I'd probably do better now if I had to retake it. I was really shy as a kid and hadn't really gotten over that yet when I took the exam

I sometimes wish I was this way throughout my life. Not sure what caused my excessive extroversion :biggrin:
You're now in uni, I assume? Have you done A-Levels?
Reply 14
I sometimes wish I was this way throughout my life. Not sure what caused my excessive extroversion :biggrin:
You're now in uni, I assume? Have you done A-Levels?

I did BTEC. The country differences meant that my grades were crap for whatever reason. Like I had an overall A in GCSEs equivalent qualification in my country, but because of the differences it wasn't even high enough for level 2 entry, not to mention A levels. But it worked out pretty well, they put me in level 2 to begin with, then moved to level 3. Did BTEC in IT and now starting at Cardiff uni studying Computer Science this September
Original post by Devify
I did BTEC. The country differences meant that my grades were crap for whatever reason. Like I had an overall A in GCSEs equivalent qualification in my country, but because of the differences it wasn't even high enough for level 2 entry, not to mention A levels. But it worked out pretty well, they put me in level 2 to begin with, then moved to level 3. Did BTEC in IT and now starting at Cardiff uni studying Computer Science this September

Sounds like you had a lot of work to do. Congrats on getting your place, glad it worked out well for you :smile:
Reply 16
Sounds like you had a lot of work to do. Congrats on getting your place, glad it worked out well for you :smile:

It was annoying and a pain in the arse, but I ended up with a nice group of people and enjoyed the course. Even if it means I'm starting uni at 20.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending