The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AmyPilot
Not being nervous is good I reckon - enough time for that as you get closer to the day! The official title of my degree is Psychology and Speech Pathology - basically a double honours degree of psychology and speech and language therapy - what a mixture eh???

I wish it was closer haha it's hard to fully enjoy a holiday when you've results day looming over your head. Ooo that sounds quite interesting tho I don't think I'll be able to survive two years of writing essays in A-level psychology hahaha
Original post by Aph
That count down is back :hide:

Can you not use the grade boundries? Dont mean to sound rude just a genuine question.

AFAIK, grade boundaries don't show the cut-off point for full UMS but other than that you can because of the linear relationship between UMS and raw marks.
Reply 1402
Original post by tanyapotter
AFAIK, grade boundaries don't show the cut-off point for full UMS but other than that you can because of the linear relationship between UMS and raw marks.

100% UMS is either twice the difference of the A and B grade boundries added to the A boundry or the maximum mark available on the paper, whichever is lower.
Original post by Aph
100% UMS is either twice the difference of the A and B grade boundries added to the A boundry or the maximum mark available on the paper, whichever is lower.

Wow, thanks! Didn't know this.
Tbh idc about results day atm, I care more about this bloody marina Joyce thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vik1234
Anyone here do:
Edexcel Politics?
AQA Psychology?
AQA History?

If so how do you think the exams went and what are you expecting

Aqa psych. Decent papers tbh, expecting an A wbu?
Original post by vik1234
Anyone here do:
Edexcel Politics?
AQA Psychology?
AQA History?

I did AQA psychology, I thought both papers were pretty good especially unit 4 😆 hopefully will get an A*. How did you find it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vik1234
Anyone here do:
Edexcel Politics?
AQA Psychology?
AQA History?

I did AQA psychology and I think the exams went really well so I'm expecting an A and seeing as loopa flopped with his predictions this year I doubt the boundaries will shift that much ; will probably drop down a mark or so if anything :smile:
Did anyone do edexcel biology?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vik1234
Anyone here do:
Edexcel Politics?
AQA Psychology?
AQA History?

I did A2 politics (3+4C) and 3 didn't go so great, but I felt better about 4. Don't really know what to expect :frown:
Reply 1410
Probably a stupid question but is a 3 quarter length bed smaller than a single? The pictures look bigger but it can't be right?
LMFAO IKR!!!
I was so confused lololol
Original post by vik1234
Anyone here do:
Edexcel Politics?
AQA Psychology?
AQA History?

I do psychology and history, which topics did you do for each? I'm literally relying on coursework for history... praying to scrap an A somehow! The psychology papers were decent though

How about you??
You have my sympathies - I still remember the long wait for results! And yes the course is interesting and uni essays are a whole different ball game to A level ones - though I don't mind essays which is good because I took 4 essay based A levels lol (sociology psychology RS and English lit/language). Try to enjoy the rest of your holiday - have some fun!
Original post by NeverLucky
I wish it was closer haha it's hard to fully enjoy a holiday when you've results day looming over your head. Ooo that sounds quite interesting tho I don't think I'll be able to survive two years of writing essays in A-level psychology hahaha
Do you mean a 3/4 quarter size bed rather than a 3/4 length? If so I think that's what they call a queen size bed - bigger than a single but smaller than a double bed
Original post by Aph
Probably a stupid question but is a 3 quarter length bed smaller than a single? The pictures look bigger but it can't be right?
Reply 1415
Do you mean a 3/4 quarter size bed rather than a 3/4 length? If so I think that's what they call a queen size bed - bigger than a single but smaller than a double bed

Yes and I didn't know that!!! Most uni beds are 3 quarter sized and I always assumed that they were small :lol:
LOL no its definitely not small - bugger to get bedding for though - single won't fit and won't a double fitted sheet be too big??? Oh the trials we students have to face :smile:
Original post by Aph
Yes and I didn't know that!!! Most uni beds are 3 quarter sized and I always assumed that they were small :lol:
Reply 1417
LOL no its definitely not small - bugger to get bedding for though - single won't fit and won't a double fitted sheet be too big??? Oh the trials we students have to face :smile:

I've already got single sheats for beds :frown: because I thought that they were small and my mum said singles would fit... And now I'm realising that they will be too small. I might needs more pillows too.
I have a feeling a double sheat is the only option.
Looks like you have some more shopping to do. Oh well it's another distraction I suppose :biggrin: Had to buy new bedding too - after 2 years in a single bed at uni I get a double in this year's accommodation! Might get lost in a double bed as I am only tiny lol!
Original post by Aph
I've already got single sheats for beds :frown: because I thought that they were small and my mum said singles would fit... And now I'm realising that they will be too small. I might needs more pillows too.

I have a feeling a double sheat is the only option.
Looks like you have some more shopping to do. Oh well it's another distraction I suppose :biggrin: Had to buy new bedding too - after 2 years in a single bed at uni I get a double in this year's accommodation! Might get lost in a double bed as I am only tiny lol!

I haven't even thought about buying stuff yet :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest