The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well no one said we can't do anything with them!
I don't believe that their existence has any purpose.
Well from an evolutionary perspective it would be a yes because Humans wouldn't be alive today if they didn't eat meat.
Original post by loveleest
Well from an evolutionary perspective it would be a yes because Humans wouldn't be alive today if they didn't eat meat.

Basically this, but they have no special destiny to be consumed by humans. Some species of animal are consumed by humans, and humans can/are consumed by other predators when they get the chance.
Reply 5

Really? But people survive without it..?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by T-Raw
Like their existence was for human consumption?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Uh oh, sounds like we have a creationist over here!

Technically, we're meant to be eaten too. Unfortunately, humans ****ed up a lot of things that were "meant to be".
Although it's technically not necessary, it's a very efficient supply of nutrition. You would need to eat a lot of plant foods to get the same as animal and animal products would offer
Animals eat other animals, and we're technically animals so... illuminati confirmed?
Original post by XMaramena
Uh oh, sounds like we have a creationist over here!

Technically, we're meant to be eaten too. Unfortunately, humans ****ed up a lot of things that were "meant to be".

Lmao What exactly could eat a human? I mean we are intelligent beings and provided we have tools to use.

Just shoot the damn thing.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by T-Raw
Really? But people survive without it..?

Posted from TSR Mobile

If Humans didn't eat meat once upon a time ago, humans would not be here. Fact.

But through evolutionary our body's have adapted to rely on plant based foods so for that reason I don't particularly think animals should be consumed.
Original post by joey11223
Basically this, but they have no special destiny to be consumed by humans. Some species of animal are consumed by humans, and humans can/are consumed by other predators when they get the chance.

Exactly, which it confuses me when vegans talk about how evil meat eaters are.

A lion would eat a human at a given oppotunity yet no one talks about how evil they are?
Reply 12
lol i don't give a ****, i just love eating it
Reply 13

A lion would eat a human at a given oppotunity yet no one talks about how evil they are?

A carnivore has neither the biological nor intellectual faculties in order to decide not to eat meat.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14

I don't agree that meat eaters are evil, just to clarify, but you really can't compare a lion's actions to a human's actions. Our brains work in different ways (or, should I say, our brains do additional things... the basics are the same). Lion's don't think about ethics, they probably have limited capacity for even planning out their actions, using mostly instincts. They almost certainly don't understand that the thing they are eating has feelings (either physical or emotional).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by RobML
A carnivore doesn't have neither the biological nor intellectual faculties in order to decide not to eat meat.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough
Reply 16
Original post by kpwxx
I don't agree that meat eaters are evil, just to clarify, but you really can't compare a lion's actions to a human's actions. Our brains work in different ways (or, should I say, our brains do additional things... the basics are the same). Lion's don't think about ethics, they probably have limited capacity for even planning out their actions, using mostly instincts. They almost certainly don't understand that the thing they are eating has feelings (either physical or emotional).

Well they probably can guess something doesnt want to be waten by them when they are trying to escape etc.. The lions just dont care

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kpwxx

Good point
Original post by T-Raw
Like their existence was for human consumption?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Might come as a revelation but people already consume, have for centuries and wil and do

:rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
Fair enough

err looking at that double negative pains me

Latest