The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Loads of time left yet so I wouldn't worry - though in truth my mum sorted most of that stuff out for me when I first started - I was in denial that it was really happening lol - I was such a scaredy-cat about the whole results day/going to uni business.
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I haven't even thought about buying stuff yet :colondollar:
Reply 1421
Original post by AmyPilot
Looks like you have some more shopping to do. Oh well it's another distraction I suppose :biggrin: Had to buy new bedding too - after 2 years in a single bed at uni I get a double in this year's accommodation! Might get lost in a double bed as I am only tiny lol!

Actually it depends on what my accommodation offer is!!!
Due to speaking about this I thought I'd check my accommodation application and to my horror I found it blank!!! They had all my details but my room choises so that was a fright and a half!!!
I've spent almost 7 years (if not more!) in a king sized, it's going to feel so small :frown:
And you aren't waiting for A-level results?
Oh dear a 3/4 bed is going to be a let down hehehe. No not waiting for A2 results - been there - done that in 2014. Just enjoy watching these threads and offering any help/assurance where I can
Original post by Aph
Actually it depends on what my accommodation offer is!!!

Due to speaking about this I thought I'd check my accommodation application and to my horror I found it blank!!! They had all my details but my room choises so that was a fright and a half!!!
I've spent almost 7 years (if not more!) in a king sized, it's going to feel so small :frown:
And you aren't waiting for A-level results?
Original post by EmilyPlatypus
I haven't even thought about buying stuff yet :colondollar:

Same lol :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Aph
Probably a stupid question but is a 3 quarter length bed smaller than a single? The pictures look bigger but it can't be right?

When I applied for accomdation at Nottingham uni the slightly more expensive option was for a ' single study plus ' room which includes a 3/4 bed which is 3/4 the size of a double bed and thus is bigger than a single bed and is known as a ' Queen size ' bed so yeh it is deffo bigger ! Hence why I picked this option as I don't want to be in a tiny bed
Reply 1425
Original post by fefssdf
When I applied for accomdation at Nottingham uni the slightly more expensive option was for a ' single study plus ' room which includes a 3/4 bed which is 3/4 the size of a double bed and thus is bigger than a single bed and is known as a ' Queen size ' bed so yeh it is deffo bigger ! Hence why I picked this option as I don't want to be in a tiny bed

Yeah, I assumed it was 3/4 the size of a single :lol:
I guess I'll find out if I need to go shopping after results day.
Original post by Aph
Yeah, I assumed it was 3/4 the size of a single :lol:
I guess I'll find out if I need to go shopping after results day.

Did you apply for Nottingham ?
Original post by fefssdf

They rejected me lol
Reply 1428
Original post by fefssdf

Nope, (I'm sure we have had the conversation before?) I applied for York, Exeter, Warwick, Dundee and Aberdeen. My insurance is Dundee and firm York.
Original post by Sacred Ground
They rejected me lol

Oh sorry for reminding you man ; where should you be going to then ?
Original post by Aph
Nope, (I'm sure we have had the conversation before?) I applied for York, Exeter, Warwick, Dundee and Aberdeen. My insurance is Dundee and firm York.

Sorry for being annoying and oh right Yh I have York done as my backup cause my course is in clearing and the campus is really nice aha :biggrin:
Original post by Elle_w
Did anyone do edexcel biology?

Posted from TSR Mobile

My daughter did AS went well but unit 4+5 were not good.
Reply 1432
Original post by fefssdf
Sorry for being annoying and oh right Yh I have York done as my backup cause my course is in clearing and the campus is really nice aha :biggrin:

Nahhhhhhh, you aren't annoying. It's fine :h:
The campus is beautiful:smile: but aren't the grades the same for your firm for York?
Hi, just wanted to ask, If a course is on clearing right now does this mean that have extra places?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Aph
Nahhhhhhh, you aren't annoying. It's fine :h:
The campus is beautiful:smile: but aren't the grades the same for your firm for York?

Nope York want AAB for maths cause I have an A in AS further maths but my firm wants AAA and my insurance wants A*AB/AAA LMAO ; I'm gonna get anywhere between AAB -A*AA but praying for the latter ; begging the psychology grade boundaries are nice
Hmmm a parent on TSR; interesting !
Original post by TraceyE
My daughter did AS went well but unit 4+5 were not good.
Reply 1436
Original post by fefssdf
Nope York want AAB for maths cause I have an A in AS further maths but my firm wants AAA and my insurance wants A*AB/AAA LMAO ; I'm gonna get anywhere between AAB -A*AA but praying for the latter ; begging the psychology grade boundaries are nice

Ahhh okay :smile:
Well I hope you get where you want to go but if not I look forward to meeting you in October (assuming I get what I want :biggrin:)
Reply 1437
Original post by Zazzzy57
Hi, just wanted to ask, If a course is on clearing right now does this mean that have extra places?

It means they expect to.
Original post by Aph
Ahhh okay :smile:
Well I hope you get where you want to go but if not I look forward to meeting you in October (assuming I get what I want :biggrin:)

Aww yeh it would be nice to meet you to but ideally I want to go to my other choices as the York maths course has all this physics and computing stuff like ewwwww nope but hope you get into York ! What course you applied for ? X

Are you AS or A2?

AS :smile:

What subjects are you taking?

A-Level Biology, English Language and Literature and Psychology (all linear) and AS Maths

To which university are you hoping to go?

No idea yet xD

To study which subject?

Biomedical Sciences

If applicable, what were your AS grades?

N/A

What grades are required for your desired degree?

AAA

What grades are you predicted?

N/A

How did your exams go?

My Biology mock wasn't easy xD. I managed to get a C but I must have done well becuase only one person in the class got a B, theres was a few Cs and the rest a mixture of Ds, Es and Us. Put it this way they're making everyone do another mock first week back in September. :O

The Psychology mock went okay-ish, I was 3 marks off a B.

My English mock went really well and I was 2 marks off an A overall :biggrin:

For AS Maths, Core 1 was a lot harder than expected; Core 2 was also tricky and Decision 1 was the easiest exam I've ever done!

How are you feeling about results day?

Terrified. I'm really hoping for an A in AS maths but I'll settle for a B xD

Anything else to add?

Good luck!!!

Quick Reply

Latest