The Student Room Group

IAL edexcel distance learning/online courses??

Hi there... I'm an international private student going to start my AS-Level this year. Currently I'm googling for online courses for the IAL of the Edexcel board specially in Physics, Maths, or Biology.
I also heard that edexcel A levels' textbooks can be used for edexcel IAL, so does it mean that courses are the same for both?

Thank you in advance.
Original post by Omar Amgad
Hi there... I'm an international private student going to start my AS-Level this year. Currently I'm googling for online courses for the IAL of the Edexcel board specially in Physics, Maths, or Biology.
I also heard that edexcel A levels' textbooks can be used for edexcel IAL, so does it mean that courses are the same for both?

Thank you in advance.

For maths there is very little difference between A level and IAL. It would be fine to use the text books or distance learning material.
For the sciences, the U.K. a levels have been substantially updated and differ from the IAL. My guess is that text books for the previous specification are a closer match to the current IAL content.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by gdunne42
For maths there is very little difference between A level and IAL. It would be fine to use the text books or distance learning material.
For the sciences, the U.K. a levels have been substantially updated and differ from the IAL. My guess is that text books for the previous specification are a closer match to the current IAL content.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for the info !
Original post by gdunne42

Posted from TSR Mobile

Isn't IAL also updated? Can you please recommend a bio book for IAL ?
Original post by Rawan32455
Isn't IAL also updated? Can you please recommend a bio book for IAL ?

No the IAL has not been updated to match the current UK specification.

Quick Reply

Latest