The Student Room Group

SAAS apply after 30th june deadline help

Hello everyone, This year I am going to start undergraduate degree on edinburgh napier university, but I forgot to apply for tuition fee coverage on SAAS. Could anyone say something about delayed applicants? I applied yesterday (27th July), whereas deadline was until 30th June. I read that final deadline is 31st march, but I am a little confused about it. Do you think that I should contact with my university and tell them about this situation? I apply as EU student, I am pretty sure that I meet all requirements, should I expect any issues in relation with my fail?
Original post by mattwidzyk
Hello everyone, This year I am going to start undergraduate degree on edinburgh napier university, but I forgot to apply for tuition fee coverage on SAAS. Could anyone say something about delayed applicants? I applied yesterday (27th July), whereas deadline was until 30th June. I read that final deadline is 31st march, but I am a little confused about it. Do you think that I should contact with my university and tell them about this situation? I apply as EU student, I am pretty sure that I meet all requirements, should I expect any issues in relation with my fail?

I got my offer for University after June 30th, so applied after the guarantee deadline. My tuition fees (and loan!) didn't start coming in until a few weeks after I had started the course as a result.

It's good that you've already applied. Make sure you send them all the documents they need ASAP to get your application moving as quickly as possible.

Other than that, I'd get in contact with the University's finance office to explain the situation and let them know what's going on. My University was forgiving and was happy to wait.
Original post by Hype en Ecosse

It's good that you've already applied. Make sure you send them all the documents they need ASAP to get your application moving as quickly as possible.

I'm just waiting for their reply. My status on SAAS website is ''Further information''. They haven't asked about documents yet. Thanks for your reply.
Reply 3
I'm just waiting for their reply. My status on SAAS website is ''Further information''. They haven't asked about documents yet. Thanks for your reply.

If your status reads "Further Information", this means that you need to send relevant documents to support your application. If you go to the menu that pops up after you log in, click on 'Make a Student Award Application' and you'll be able to see what documents they require. It will also guide you on how to send these documents.
Original post by ACz09
If your status reads "Further Information", this means that you need to send relevant documents to support your application. If you go to the menu that pops up after you log in, click on 'Make a Student Award Application' and you'll be able to see what documents they require. It will also guide you on how to send these documents.

Thank you, probably they have not asked about any documents yet. I do not see any notice on saas website about it.
Reply 5
Thank you, probably they have not asked about any documents yet. I do not see any notice on saas website about it.

That's because they don't ask. You need to send the documents so they can process your application.
Okay, where can I find list of exactly required documents? On their web system I can choose from many types of documents, certificates, proofs, etc. I am not sure that I should upload all of them like a born certificate...Thank you
The deadline is only in place to guarantee you'll be paid in time for your course starting... It doesn't mean you can't apply afterwards. You'll be totally fine.
Reply 8
Hey, I know this is old but I am in the same situation, I applied today and wondering what to do???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending