The Student Room Group

Does anyone else hate curry?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SirMilkSheikh
But I am Asian, shocking I know. Asian cuisine is full of carbs, rotis, rice, a bit of meat and veg (or just veg if you are Indian). I don't think it is macro friendly at all.

You would be far better of lean bulking on steaks, fish, eggs and good carbs like sweet potato and oats. Most Asian men have dirty pot bellies, courtesy of their Asian diets.

What do you think rice is? Rice is fine for carbs, do some research mate, sweet potato has nothing over them bar Vitamin A and some other micros. And no I wouldn't be 'far better', perhaps very marginally better. Lol@eggs

Don't know about you but at my house I'm not forced to only have a bit of meat and veg on the plate. Sucks to be you.
I eat curry everyday. I find it almost impossible to make food that doesn't taste like curry. Even when I make something like pasta it ends up tasting like curry!
Reply 43
the smell is what lures me in so when i am hungry i enjoy the smell. but yeah it would annoy me if i had to smell it all day every day. my friend is south asian and her house stinks of curry every time i go there. its suffocating
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
What do you think rice is? Rice is fine for carbs, do some research mate, sweet potato has nothing over them bar Vitamin A and some other micros. And no I wouldn't be 'far better', perhaps very marginally better. Lol@eggs

Don't know about you but at my house I'm not forced to only have a bit of meat and veg on the plate. Sucks to be you.

Yes eggs are pretty nice.

Who is saying you are forced to eat anything? That's quite random of you to say. Why would it suck to be me? I have steaks, fish, eggs, veg and other goodies most days. I've got a rather nice diet.
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
I eat curry everyday. I find it almost impossible to make food that doesn't taste like curry. Even when I make something like pasta it ends up tasting like curry!

Probably because you put a tablespoon of garam masala and chilli powder into everything you cook, like my grandmother and my mum.
No. I cant eat without curry

Quick Reply

Latest