The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Airmed
First meeting with my CPN in 3 weeks tomorrow. :eek: I am sort of worried, because I have been feeling so **** recently. Hence why I don't post much because I don't want to bore you all with my usual whinging and complaining. I think I may ask could medication be put back on the cards because I honestly feel like this, me, is going no where.

On the bright side, I am getting the keys to my new flat on Monday and we officially move in on the 9th August! :woo: I am rather excited. I suppose I am being selfish because I know it means my SO will be back in Dundee with me, but I am just so incredibly lonely, and it will be wonderful for us to have our own routine in our own flat. :love:

Which medication did you already try?

New flat sounds awesome! It's really great when you move in with your SO, just the two of you with everything how you want it.
Original post by Sabertooth
Which medication did you already try?

New flat sounds awesome! It's really great when you move in with your SO, just the two of you with everything how you want it.

Sertraline, fluoxetine, quetiapine, aripiprazole and mitrazapine. It's been seven months since my last attempt.

I am very excited.
Really not doing well tonight, keep getting deeper and deeper and im genuinely about to just turn off the laptop and listen to some songs and cry cause i'm just broken .again.
Feeling like complete and utter crap. All I want to do is cry. And push my friends away - cut them out. Something, anything, to numb the pain seems really damn good right now.
Original post by Airmed
Sertraline, fluoxetine, quetiapine, aripiprazole and mitrazapine. It's been seven months since my last attempt.

I am very excited.

Might it be worth trying a typical antipsychotic?
Might it be worth trying a typical antipsychotic?

Any suggestions? I had such adverse reactions to those two, I couldn't even last a full week on either of them. My antipyschotic knowledge is horrific. :colondollar:
Original post by Midnightmemories
So pleased that things are going well for you @Airmed! Hugs to @Inexorably and @Ezme39 and all those that need them :hugs:

--

Other news. I have work tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it as my knees have been bad recently and work makes them worse (my knee caps apparently slightly out of place?) and also work is making me feel a bit meh after I finish recently. Not sure if it's just because I'm generally meh at the moment or if it's something else.

(Meh = a bit iffy)

Can your work give you any tasks which are less strenuous for your knees? I'm sure they wouldn't want you to be uncomfortable, if it can be avoided :hugs:
Original post by Inexorably
Really not doing well tonight, keep getting deeper and deeper and im genuinely about to just turn off the laptop and listen to some songs and cry cause i'm just broken .again.

Original post by TinyMockingbird
Feeling like complete and utter crap. All I want to do is cry. And push my friends away - cut them out. Something, anything, to numb the pain seems really damn good right now.

Hugs both of you, wish I could help you feel better
Original post by Airmed
Any suggestions? I had such adverse reactions to those two, I couldn't even last a full week on either of them. My antipyschotic knowledge is horrific. :colondollar:

Quetiapine and aripiprazole tend to have different side effects (Q being one of the most sedating and abilify being least) so it's weird you had the same experience with both of them.

You could try asking for a low potency typical such as chlorpromazine perhaps? That way you'd have more control over the dose. If you did get side effects you can't cope with it might be worth trying benztropine to minimize them and allow you to give it a longer time to see if the chlorpromazine works. But then it's more pills so some people are uncomfortable with that.
Quetiapine and aripiprazole tend to have different side effects (Q being one of the most sedating and abilify being least) so it's weird you had the same experience with both of them.

You could try asking for a low potency typical such as chlorpromazine perhaps? That way you'd have more control over the dose. If you did get side effects you can't cope with it might be worth trying benztropine to minimize them and allow you to give it a longer time to see if the chlorpromazine works. But then it's more pills so some people are uncomfortable with that.

I just feel like I should try something because it seems at this rate I will never be put on a waiting list for therapy. I understand that my CPN thinks nothing chemically is wrong with me, and perhaps he is right, but I feel as if I need to take some control over my mental health.

Thank you. :hugs: I will try my best to mention this to my CPN tomorrow. After we stop fangirling over Harry Potter, of course.
Original post by Midnightmemories
X

I think you'd be surprised about how many people do care about you. I know people may not physically show it outwardly but there'll be people on the sidelines cheering you on and wondering how you're doing if you haven't posted for a few days.

I don't think it's what you deserve either or it's people thinking you're not struggling - as you've seen tonight, there's alot of people struggling and so as I said, I think it's more people not being in the right place mentally to reply to you so they can offer some advice/post something useful? Waiting lists for any kind of Mental Health help are sucky - trust me I've been there (I had to wait about 9 months to even start CBT) and recovery is never straightforward but you've gotta at least get on that path? Sounds really logical but things can't and won't get better if you're not trying to get better? :redface:

I also don't think you're invisible - though if you're perceiving people to ignore you on a persistant basis, I can understand how you'll have come to this thought, nor do I think your friend hates you. Our minds twist things in so many different ways and in so many different negative ways that it's much easier to accept the negative thought about an outcome than the thought that is actually more than likely true. It's very easy to get lost on this thread and it can definitely feel a 'free for all' sometimes but I assure you that just because something you post, mightn't get replied to, it doesn't mean people don't care :hugs:
(edited 7 years ago)
Also :hugs: to everyone. There's alot of people struggling which is never nice to see :/
Original post by Airmed
I just feel like I should try something because it seems at this rate I will never be put on a waiting list for therapy. I understand that my CPN thinks nothing chemically is wrong with me, and perhaps he is right, but I feel as if I need to take some control over my mental health.

Thank you. :hugs: I will try my best to mention this to my CPN tomorrow. After we stop fangirling over Harry Potter, of course.

Hi Airmed, i can recommend a good alternative ' ' medication, for you, if you feel brave enough to try it? It is chinese, i can also send you a youtube video or two confirming it's goodness. Let me know? x
Original post by john2054
Hi Airmed, i can recommend a good alternative ' ' medication, for you, if you feel brave enough to try it? It is chinese, i can also send you a youtube video or two confirming it's goodness. Let me know? x

No
Original post by Little Popcorns
No

Why so negative? This drug really helps me??

Hi, unfortunately I think I'm a bit too messed up and complicated. Thanks for the offer though :hugs: I don't think alternative medication is for me.
Okay i have pmed you.
Okay i have pmed you.

Hey there, Airmed politely declined your offer of the alternative medication and so I think it's best to leave it at that :smile:
Original post by Spock's Socks
Just out of my medical. I was such a state. I couldn't stop shaking, crying and took a panic, my gut flared up and the doc had to ask my mum some questions because I was in such a state. He went to speak to a supervisor and came back and told me they had enough evidence and I could go and he wasn't willing to put me through any more of the medical because I was so worked up.

He said I might need to come back for medical in a year or two so maybe that means he is confident I'll be put into the work or support group? I dunno. Just so glad it's over. I'll be dreading any text or post I get over the next week or so while I wait on a decision.

Thanks everyone for your support lately :hugs: I'm drained to hell but going out for a run in the car with Callan to hopefully clear my head a little

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey, sorry this is late!

I'm so proud of you for going! Lots of people would've backed out so you did incredibly well to go there and do it! Well done!
I'm sorry to hear about how you were feeling when you were there but, it's over now and you've done it! Very well done indeed!

Hoping for the best news for you! You deserve it! Just hope everything goes well for you!
Update:

OCD has taken a turn for the worse again. It just seems to improve and then BAM it hits back harder than ever!
I don't know how much more I can take of this tbh.
But have now finished those NHS group appointments and hopefully will be getting one on one therapy relatively soon (at least I'll speak to someone soon!).
But yeah, I'm not feeling the best currently but I shall push on and hope for the best!

Hope you're all well!

Latest