The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

How many payments of maintenance loan do I get in a year?

Ok,so basically, I applied for a maintenance loan of £3821 thinking that is the amount I will get at the start of each school term. But i am getting mixed ideas that I willi either get £3821 for the whole year or else as I thought every term (every 12 weeks)

Can someone please tell me how many payments of £3821 I will get and if possible which dates will I get them on? I am really confused! #HELP!!!

:blushing:
Original post by Parthk26
Ok,so basically, I applied for a maintenance loan of £3821 thinking that is the amount I will get at the start of each school term. But i am getting mixed ideas that I willi either get £3821 for the whole year or else as I thought every term (every 12 weeks)

Can someone please tell me how many payments of £3821 I will get and if possible which dates will I get them on? I am really confused! #HELP!!!

If your entitlement letter says £3821, you ll get roughly £1273 a term. Did you non apply for the income assessed part?
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester
Reply 2

As Claire above said; you'll get 3 separate payments which make up the £3821 - one at the beginning of each term.

Assuming you're a new student, you'll get the first payment on the 21st/22nd of September 2016 as it takes a few days for the university to notify SFE that you're a student here; the second on Monday 9th January 2017 and the 3rd payment on Monday 24th April 2017.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by claireestelle
If your entitlement letter says £3821, you ll get roughly £1273 a term. Did you non apply for the income assessed part?

Oops, only just seen the replies as i found this out from another source...But no i didn't do that as i thought i would get this amount per term so it would be enoughOh well, i guess i'll just be working harder after i have found myself a job haha
Reply 4
Original post by Deyesy
As Claire above said; you'll get 3 separate payments which make up the £3821 - one at the beginning of each term.

Assuming you're a new student, you'll get the first payment on the 21st/22nd of September 2016 as it takes a few days for the university to notify SFE that you're a student here; the second on Monday 9th January 2017 and the 3rd payment on Monday 24th April 2017.

Hope this helps :smile:

Oh that's awesome! Thank you!
I couldn't find out the dates anywhere so that was really helpful! :smile:
Reply 5
Oops, only just seen the replies as i found this out from another source...But no i didn't do that as i thought i would get this amount per term so it would be enoughOh well, i guess i'll just be working harder after i have found myself a job haha

Claire will know better than me but I'd suggest looking at applying for the income assessed part of it ASAP :smile:

Oh that's awesome! Thank you!
I couldn't find out the dates anywhere so that was really helpful! :smile:

See: http://www2.mmu.ac.uk/about/termdates/ :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending