The Student Room Group

I hope I make sense...

Hey guys! I could really do with some help please

My girlfriend is studying Psychology at uni and has been doing or read about a certain case study that she's very interested in.

The case study in question, is about a man, who is only known from the initials JS, who painted St Mark's Square in Venice. And i think painted it from memory, whilst suffering from a mental disorder, I think dementia, but either way it's meant to be pretty good and she likes it. But that's all I have to go on.

So I'd like to find it and get it as a framed picture and surprise her for her birthday. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by BillLee
Hey guys! I could really do with some help please

My girlfriend is studying Psychology at uni and has been doing or read about a certain case study that she's very interested in.

The case study in question, is about a man, who is only known from the initials JS, who painted St Mark's Square in Venice. And i think painted it from memory, whilst suffering from a mental disorder, I think dementia, but either way it's meant to be pretty good and she likes it. But that's all I have to go on.

So I'd like to find it and get it as a framed picture and surprise her for her birthday. Any help or information would be greatly appreciated!!

Many thanks

Something that sounds like this is cited here: http://s3.amazonaws.com/academia.edu.documents/45672294/s00415017019920160516-32736-4g8syb.pdf?AWSAccessKeyId=AKIAJ56TQJRTWSMTNPEA&Expires=1469706704&Signature=P0oI%2BAzbm1mOyd6HIMKa3fUVBxc%3D&response-content-disposition=inline%3B%20filename%3DMotor_neurone_disease_dementia_and_aphas.pdf

"The detailed description by Meyer [7] of his patient
J. S. provides a very good example of the approach takenby the authors of the early twentieth century. Case J. S.presented aged 55 years with a profound personalitychange including apathy, loss of interest in his environment,“stubbornness”, “obstinacy”, pathological greedand an obsessive tendency to hoard things...."

However the references are in a different language so I haven't been able to get any further!

Quick Reply

Latest