The Student Room Group

Student bank account and current account.

Is it possible to open a student bank account with one bank and still keep your current account with another bank?
Original post by chl-0
Is it possible to open a student bank account with one bank and still keep your current account with another bank?

yeah i also want to know this as well.
Reply 2
Original post by chl-0

Original post by sketchymofo2
yeah i also want to know this as well.

It is if you fulfil the conditions of having the account.

e.g. some current accounts require at least 2 direct debits per month and a regular income going in. If you meet the requirement then you can keep the account.
Jneill is right. You can have as many current accounts as you wish. But some do have terms and conditions.
Reply 4
Original post by jneill
It is if you fulfil the conditions of having the account.

e.g. some current accounts require at least 2 direct debits per month and a regular income going in. If you meet the requirement then you can keep the account.

my current account is fine, i'm more worried about the student account, but thanks.
The student bank accounts usually ask that your loan gets paid into that account.
Original post by chl-0

Original post by chl-0
my current account is fine, i'm more worried about the student account, but thanks.

You are able to have both a current and student I have one with santander (student) and a current account with lloyds :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest