The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Undergrad Year Abroad?

Hi does anyone know if there opportunities for year/semester abroad for undergrads? I'm asking mostly about Biology but if there is a possibility for all undergrads to take a year abroad?

Thanks! 😊*
Original post by SunRiseAtDawn
Hi does anyone know if there opportunities for year/semester abroad for undergrads? I'm asking mostly about Biology but if there is a possibility for all undergrads to take a year abroad?

Thanks! 😊*

Yes you can study abroad. Biology students at Nottingham can go to:

Australia
Canada
China
Ireland
Japan
Mexico
New Zealand
Singapore
South Africa
South Korea
Sweden
USA

See here: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/aglobaluniversity/documents/currentstudents/studyabroadopportunitiesbyschool/lifesciences.pdf
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by SunRiseAtDawn

Thanks! 😊*

As the above said, yes there are opportunities to study abroad. For biology it looks like you apply in your first year for your second year. There will most likely be a notice about it or an email where you'll have to go and speak to someone in the department who organises the exchange programs. Also the university puts on regular information events (usually held in the portland building) about opportunities for spending time abroad, so they're worth going to.

The places can be quite competitive and you have to be getting good marks. But I've heard that they are a fantastic experience.
Original post by Snufkin
Yes you can study abroad. Biology students at Nottingham can go to:

Australia
Canada
China
Ireland
Japan
Mexico
New Zealand
Singapore
South Africa
South Korea
Sweden
USA

See here: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/aglobaluniversity/documents/currentstudents/studyabroadopportunitiesbyschool/lifesciences.pdf

Original post by AlesanaWill
As the above said, yes there are opportunities to study abroad. For biology it looks like you apply in your first year for your second year. There will most likely be a notice about it or an email where you'll have to go and speak to someone in the department who organises the exchange programs. Also the university puts on regular information events (usually held in the portland building) about opportunities for spending time abroad, so they're worth going to.

The places can be quite competitive and you have to be getting good marks. But I've heard that they are a fantastic experience.

Thanks guys, that's such great news!*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending