The Student Room Group

What is the difference between all the business courses in uni?

Hello, I was looking at universities for next year, as I want to study business. I saw that often there are several choices (business management, international business, business marketing, business marketing and management, business administration etc).
I was wondering what difference it makes at the end for employers?
Generally the name of your degree makes no difference to employers, what matters is what you actually know. Business degrees, as you have discovered, can be called many different things and usually these names reflect their modules. When choosing a degree it is really important to pay close attention to the degree structure and module options. One 'Business Studies' degree might include a lot of economics and statistics, whilst another might involve marketing, international development and even the option of learning a language.
Original post by dafrenchg
Hello, I was looking at universities for next year, as I want to study business. I saw that often there are several choices (business management, international business, business marketing, business marketing and management, business administration etc).
I was wondering what difference it makes at the end for employers?

There's quite a useful thread in the Business Uni Course forum here :h:
Original post by Fox Corner
There's quite a useful thread in the Business Uni Course forum here :h:

Not that useful, most of this information is 10 years out of date.
Original post by Snufkin
Not that useful, most of this information is 10 years out of date.

Oh didn't even look at the date :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest