The Student Room Group

Extra curricular activities for animation?

So when I go back to school in September we're gonna start working on our UCAS and apparently extra curricular activities look really good especially if they're related to the course so I'd like to use my summer to do something but I cant think of anything apart from drawing and maybe practicing my own animation but that isn't really official?

I did go to a summer school for animation but in June but I'm not sure if that's enough... any suggestions?
Unis don't care about extra curriculars that aren't relevant so don't worry about that. It doesn't have to be overly official. You just need to show that you have an interest in the subject and have developed it outside of your school work.
Original post by AuraQuartz
So when I go back to school in September we're gonna start working on our UCAS and apparently extra curricular activities look really good especially if they're related to the course so I'd like to use my summer to do something but I cant think of anything apart from drawing and maybe practicing my own animation but that isn't really official?

I did go to a summer school for animation but in June but I'm not sure if that's enough... any suggestions?

Animation isn't an easy area to gain experience in and admissions tutors will be well aware of that. I'm sure a high proportion of applicants will not have managed to find any work experience in that particular area. Make sure that you really play up to what you have learnt through this summer school, and talk about any related art/design achievements at school.
Reply 3
Original post by Charlotte49
Animation isn't an easy area to gain experience in and admissions tutors will be well aware of that. I'm sure a high proportion of applicants will not have managed to find any work experience in that particular area. Make sure that you really play up to what you have learnt through this summer school, and talk about any related art/design achievements at school.

ok, thanks for the advice!!
Draw, draw, draw.

Draw characters, draw scenery/backgrounds, draw story boards. Draw from life. Draw from references.

Read industry news/blogs. Watch making of documentaries. Research different courses (there's a big difference between a computer focused course with the emphasis on software skills and an art focused course with the emphasis on drawing and storyboard skills).
Reply 5
Original post by PQ
Draw, draw, draw.

Draw characters, draw scenery/backgrounds, draw story boards. Draw from life. Draw from references.

Read industry news/blogs. Watch making of documentaries. Research different courses (there's a big difference between a computer focused course with the emphasis on software skills and an art focused course with the emphasis on drawing and storyboard skills).

I already do most of these so i guess I'll continue and just put more time in watching making of documentaries and draw a lot more scenery/backgrounds

Thank you :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending