The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

Does anyone know what Enhanced Study Bedroom means? (east slope)

Hey, I've been granted this type of accommodation but I don't know what it means. Is it a single room or not?
Well I guess "enhanced" is a good thing, but you can never be too sure :smile:).
It probably means bigger, more spacious.
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Reply 2
Original post by Mother's Mercy
It probably means bigger, more spacious.

I don't know, you may be right. I feel like i've been cheated on, though. The rent is like 3,500 pounds.
Original post by CameliaM
I don't know, you may be right. I feel like i've been cheated on, though. The rent is like 3,500 pounds.

...what. I am assuming 3,500 pounds a year, right? I guess it depends on the facility, location etc. Are you living in an expensive area or city?
Reply 4
Original post by Mother's Mercy
...what. I am assuming 3,500 pounds a year, right? I guess it depends on the facility, location etc. Are you living in an expensive area or city?

Yes, the sum is for a whole year. I am living on campus at Sussex Uni.
Technically speaking, the accommodation I chose it's supposed to be the cheapest... Now, well, I guess 3,500 is better than 5,000.
Technically speaking, the accommodation I chose it's supposed to be the cheapest... Now, well, I guess 3,500 is better than 5,000.

Ahhh then 3,500 a year is not bad. I am paying waaaaaay more for mine, but I'll be living in Northwest London :') I guess you'll just have to check it yourself, see what the quality is like etc. Hopefully it's worth that money!
Hey, I've been granted this type of accommodation but I don't know what it means. Is it a single room or not?
Well I guess "enhanced" is a good thing, but you can never be too sure :smile:).

Not very helpful, but I've also been reassigned an Enhanced Study Bedroom! Whcih flat are you in? I think mine's number 30 xx
Reply 7
Honestly, I lived in east slope last year and the Enhanced Study Bedrooms are almost identical to the normal ones, I noticed no different in size or features. Might be worth seeing if you are able to change, although unlikely
Reply 8
Original post by jennyminded
Not very helpful, but I've also been reassigned an Enhanced Study Bedroom! Whcih flat are you in? I think mine's number 30 xx

I'm in 024. Well it is good to know I'm not the only one who has no clue about her room :smile:).
I'm in 024. Well it is good to know I'm not the only one who has no clue about her room :smile:).

The only thing I can come up with is that we only have 5 flatmates. From what I've heard East Slope flats can have up to twelve people in them x
Reply 10
Original post by jennyminded
The only thing I can come up with is that we only have 5 flatmates. From what I've heard East Slope flats can have up to twelve people in them x

Well i think it is a good deal to share the bathroom and kitchen with 5 people instead of 11. At least this :wink:)
Reply 11

Hi Camelia!
Is this East Slope you're talking about? I chose it too and I'm waiting to hear back from them. Now I'm sort of scared as I read a lot of reviews saying it's a party place and it's not quiet etc. I like the odd party but then again I'm doing a postgraduate course so partying is not a priority tbh. Have you lived there before? But yeah it is quite cheap in comparison to the others so that's one good thing!
Reply 12
Original post by MeriamM
Hi Camelia!
Is this East Slope you're talking about? I chose it too and I'm waiting to hear back from them. Now I'm sort of scared as I read a lot of reviews saying it's a party place and it's not quiet etc. I like the odd party but then again I'm doing a postgraduate course so partying is not a priority tbh. Have you lived there before? But yeah it is quite cheap in comparison to the others so that's one good thing!

Hi!
Yes, I am talking about East Slope. I am a first year so I don't really know too much myself. I also read all the reviews and I can't say I am not worried.
I guess it depends on how lucky you are regarding who you will be sharing your flat with:biggrin:.

Quick Reply

Latest