The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 311iswuv
Being told that I'm loved makes me happy.
I know that she loves me but I still want to be told.
I know that neediness can ruin what we have.
What?

Enjoy being needy then. It would drive me mad.
Reply 21
Original post by LJayG
Just because she doesn't say things doesn't mean she doesn't feel them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If she feels them she should tell me, I don't know why she isn't like me...
I give her so much more affection than she gives me...

I feel like I'm more emotionally invested than her.
Reply 22
Original post by 999tigger
Enjoy being needy then. It would drive me mad.

I know I'm needy. It's how I am. I would love it if she was needy like me. I love the idea of being needed! Texting someone that you love them once a day isn't hard...
Reply 23
I believe we are with each other. We've spoken on Skype 3 three times. We've also spoken on the phone twice,

So you have video called, right?

You should probably leave the whole 'love' thing till you meet in person. It could be why she still hasn't responded to certain texts.

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's really hard to tell when you don't see her in person, I am sure she does care about you but you need to communicate a bit more.
I'm 23 and my girlfriend is 17. We're in a long distance relationship.

She didn't tell me that she loved me one day, it made me very sad.
She promised me that she would do it everyday.
She didn't text me that she loved me yesterday...

I'm worried and scared that she doesn't want to be with me anymore...

Im sure she still loves and wants to be with you but maybe she is very busy and havent found time as i am sure that she must be in college and ik that she may be stressed out due to her exams maybe, or actually try to talk to her on the phone and just confront her, hope this helps :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by A321
So you have video called, right?

You should probably leave the whole 'love' thing till you meet in person. It could be why she still hasn't responded to certain texts.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, 3 times.

She said that she loved me first. We've been together for over two months.

I texted her something sweet, this morning. If she ignores that I'm going to have tot ell her that I want to talk.
This reminds me too much of Crimewatchers. Where if said person didn’t express something enough they’d skin them alive and end up in an asylum.

Anyways on topic; you have to remember your age gap and that the other party isn’t an adult yet, so this could be a phase or a ‘joke’ if you’re “internet dating”, unless you’ve met up. I wouldn’t expect someone to express their love everyday, per say, I wouldn’t form a relationship with someone unless I knew it was genuine and we at least understood each other 80% on a fundamental level. It seems wayyy too needy and a bit (extremely) creepy. They’re just a teenager so they will be living their life college/ uni to worry about now.

I would message them to see if the relationship is still going, if not just cut it off, and all connection and pretend it didn’t happen. This is a common trend through ‘internet relationships’. For all you know they could be a guy (luring people)/ troll!
Reply 28
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
Im sure she still loves and wants to be with you but maybe she is very busy and havent found time as i am sure that she must be in college and ik that she may be stressed out due to her exams maybe, or actually try to talk to her on the phone and just confront her, hope this helps :smile:

She's been busy for a long time...

She almost never tells me that we can't text, she just disappears for hours...

I don't understand that at all...

College is over now.

College is over now.

Thats true i mean my college has finished too, i definitely think u should call her and actually ask her why she is avoiding you, as if u dont then u will just stay worried like u are now :smile:

College is over now.

She's a trick and you're just a hobby.
Reply 31
Original post by Anonymous
She's a trick and you're just a hobby.

I don't understand what you mean.

I don't think she's ever said goodnight to me... I've almost always texted her goodnight...
You say you've been together for two months, but how long have you actually known each other? I would be very surprised if someone was to realise they were in love after such a short period of time. How can you know for certain you love her when you have never even met? There is just no way of knowing about each others small faults and failings if you haven't spent a considerable amount of time in each other's company. Personally, I would even go as far to say that you don't truly know what someone is like until you have lived with them. If you're not living with someone people tend to be on their best behaviour when around the other person. They want to show the other person in their best light. That's not the real person. I think you are being a little naiive and are maybe in love with the idea of being in love. Does she burp incessantly, fart, pick her nose, leave dirty clothes on the floor, snore, slam doors etc? You cannot possibly know the answer to many of those questions if you have only known her a few months and have never even met.
Reply 33
Original post by WWEaboo
Attachment not found

Okay?
Reply 34
Original post by markova21
You say you've been together for two months, but how long have you actually known each other? I would be very surprised if someone was to realise they were in love after such a short period of time. How can you know for certain you love her when you have never even met? There is just no way of knowing about each others small faults and failings if you haven't spent a considerable amount of time in each other's company. Personally, I would even go as far to say that you don't truly know what someone is like until you have lived with them. If you're not living with someone people tend to be on their best behaviour when around the other person. They want to show the other person in their best light. That's not the real person. I think you are being a little naive and are maybe in love with the idea of being in love. Does she burp incessantly, fart, pick her nose, leave dirty clothes on the floor, snore, slam doors etc? You cannot possibly know the answer to many of those questions if you have only known her a few months and have never even met.

I've known her for two months as well. We got together two days after we met.
I've known her for two months as well. We got together two days after we met.

Well in that case I think you need to slow things down considerably. I also think that maybe she thinks the same.
Reply 36
Original post by markova21
Well in that case I think you need to slow things down considerably. I also think that maybe she thinks the same.

If she thought that she would have told me. She sometimes speaks about the future.
You don't know what her friends or family might be saying to her. She's only 17. I think that is VERY young for anyone to be thinking about their future as far as a serious relationship is concerned. At that age a person should be having fun, going out, meeting new people, meeting new potential boyfriends/ girlfriends. You are possibly her first boyfriend. She probably doesn't even know what her "type" is yet. How can she? She could well be just testing the waters. Has she even had any other male in in her life in a romantic sense to compare you to? If I were you I would back off. Let her make a few first moves. Let her initiate things. If she does, you know she is interested. Ever heard the expression, "You have to kiss a few frogs to find your prince"? Don't get me wrong, I'm not calling you a frog, in that sense. I'm sure you're lovely. But I do think you need to give her space. Think how you were at that age, hanging around with your mates, etc. Would you have wanted a serious relationship? Would you have even been emotionally mature enough for a relationship at that age? [I'm 48 and I didn't even kiss my first boy until I was 19, I just wasn't ready.] I know that that's just me, but try and think back to how you were at her age. It might help you. Good luck anyway.
(edited 7 years ago)
As I said in my last thread my girlfriend and I are in a LDR.

I text her that she's beautiful, that she's important and that I love her everyday.

Sometimes when she texts me she just says "Hey."

It makes me feel like I'm not important to her...

Yesterday I texted her "Good morning, You have no idea how much I love you..."

She replied with "Morning, baby."

I don't understand why she does this...

Other times I text her other romantic things and she replies to one thing but ignores the romantic thing I tell her...

I've spoken to her about this and she's told me that she likes my affection and she doesn't ever want to lose my love...

I don't know what to do... I feel like I can't be romantic to her as I may get ignored...[/QUOT

Well, maybe she doesn't love you yet. How long have you been together?

Every one communicates in different ways- some just say "hey" because that's the way they talk to people, it doesn't mean anything bad, necessarily. You can't force these things and expect too much too soon, just see how it goes and communicate your thoughts to her.
Having another stab. The age gap is something you should be aware of. 23 puts you as much older, so be wary of not just the neediness, but expecting too much of her. You cna overdo it and she might feel pressurisied, which will mean you drive her away.

Latest