The Student Room Group

The NBA 2019-20 Thread - Free agency is mad - Westbrook to Houston, CP3 to OKC!?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 620
Klay got the most aesthetically pleasing jumpshot I've ever seen

[video="youtube;MItw-JBPogI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MItw-JBPogI[/video]
Original post by eden3
Klay got the most aesthetically pleasing jumpshot I've ever seen

[video="youtube;MItw-JBPogI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MItw-JBPogI[/video]

I like Melo's more, has the best form in the league imo
Reply 622
Original post by Aristotle's' Disciple
I like Melo's more, has the best form in the league imo

Fair enough it's all subjective haha.

Melo defo got a smooth jumper but he doesn't fully extend his arm/lock his elbow (Danny Green does the same thing) which irks me for some reason lol.
Original post by Bryci
Its James world and everyone else lives in it.

You gotta admit though, Stephen Curry is making quite the impact in the league this season
But I can't deny LeBron's INSANE Playoffs Finals performance, 29.7 PPG
Reply 624
Original post by theonecenter
You gotta admit though, Stephen Curry is making quite the impact in the league this season
But I can't deny LeBron's INSANE Playoffs Finals performance, 29.7 PPG

First player in Finals history to lead both teams in all 5 categories: Points, Assists, Rebounds, Blocks, Steals. Just ridiculous.
Original post by eden3
First player in Finals history to lead both teams in all 5 categories: Points, Assists, Rebounds, Blocks, Steals. Just ridiculous.

I've never seen anybody like him, if he does it again next year, well.
Let's just say MJ and Kobe have a fierce competitor.
But let's just clear it up right here, The Black Mamba is no doubt, possibly the greatest NBA player of all time

Actually, that's an official question.

Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant

Quote this and then give a reason why
Bruh, Kobe on MJ's level? :eek:

***** me son. There are quite a few players greater than Kobe :lol:

Original post by theonecenter
I've never seen anybody like him, if he does it again next year, well.
Let's just say MJ and Kobe have a fierce competitor.
But let's just clear it up right here, The Black Mamba is no doubt, possibly the greatest NBA player of all time

Actually, that's an official question.

Michael Jordan or Kobe Bryant

Quote this and then give a reason why

Whaaat it's a genuine statement
Reply 629
Gotta catch em all Kobetards.
Reply 630
Y'all better put some damn RESPEK on Kobe
Original post by eden3
Y'all better put some damn RESPEK on Kobe

I was just about to say lmao, the only people who put Kobe in a conversation with Jordan (and now unarguably LeBron above Kobe), are LA fans. And people who are obliged to give Kobe the edge like Shaq who says 'duh 5 rings > 3, Kobe best', not sure if he believes it but then again it's Shaq. He may :colonhash:
Reply 632
I was just about to say lmao, the only people who put Kobe in a conversation with Jordan (and now unarguably LeBron above Kobe), are LA fans. And people who are obliged to give Kobe the edge like Shaq who says 'duh 5 rings > 3, Kobe best', not sure if he believes it but then again it's Shaq. He may :colonhash:
Hmmm I don't agree with that but the two of us arguing is going to go nowhere, lol. And I'm sure there's countless people who put Kobe and MJ in the same convo, I'd like to think most people lol, not just LA fans.

Who's the closest player we've ever seen to Michael Jordan, the GOAT?? C'mon man don't bull**** lol. Be honest. :colonhash:

Wow why is there so much Kobe hatred on this thread :lol:
Original post by eden3
Hmmm I don't agree with that but the two of us arguing is going to go nowhere, lol. And I'm sure there's countless people who put Kobe and MJ in the same convo, I'd like to think most people lol, not just LA fans.

Who's the closest player we've ever seen to Michael Jordan, the GOAT?? C'mon man don't bull**** lol. Be honest. :colonhash:

Wow why is there so much Kobe hatred on this thread :lol:

Yeah Kobe, but that's because he took his game, it doesn't make him comparable. Kobe was a poorer mans Jordan, which is a valid observation sure. Does that mean he's better than the GOAT centres? Or Timmy/Malone? Or LeBron/Bird? Or Magic? Nah

And I'm not a Kobe hater, I like Kobe :smile: He's fun to watch, just like Curry. But no point putting him on a pedestal, it is what it is, and imo he ain't top 10 let alone in the GOAT conversation. Which btw he would be if people even entertained a MJ or Kobe debate.
most of us here have just watched MJ videos on Youtube. did not see him live as we do now. we approved that he is the GOAT.
Kobe is the MJ of our time.
Same feelings happened when Kobe played.
Kobe cannot be compared to Duncan or Malone. it is like comparing Allen Iverson to Grant Hill or Mike Bibby.
Kobe has challenged any players of his generations, as LeBron is doing now.
Durant himself said Kobe is his Legend.

and Hey, I'm a Knicks Fan.
Reply 635
Yeah Kobe, but that's because he took his game, it doesn't make him comparable. Kobe was a poorer mans Jordan, which is a valid observation sure. Does that mean he's better than the GOAT centres? Or Timmy/Malone? Or LeBron/Bird? Or Magic? Nah

And I'm not a Kobe hater, I like Kobe :smile: He's fun to watch, just like Curry. But no point putting him on a pedestal, it is what it is, and imo he ain't top 10 let alone in the GOAT conversation. Which btw he would be if people even entertained a MJ or Kobe debate.

This is where we part ways lol. He's in my top 10.
Original post by eden3
This is where we part ways lol. He's in my top 10.

If you think he's as good as MJ you're saying he has a claim to being the GOAT, or at least top 3, which is so wrong.
Reply 637
If you think he's as good as MJ you're saying he has a claim to being the GOAT, or at least top 3, which is so wrong.

I didn't say he's better than MJ...
Original post by eden3
I didn't say he's better than MJ...

Neither did I :p: You highlighted where I said he's comparable, style of game yeah, his legacy and greatness no. If you think he's comparable. I've already said he's a poor mans MJ

But top 10 is subjective to a degree and he has his own FMVPs so that's at your discretion I suppose, I just personally can't think of anyone I'd knock down a peg for Kobe
Lebron as a player id say is the GOAT. The problem with him is he doesnt have the achievements to back it up. If lebron had 6 rings he'd be the goat. This is coming from a Lebron hater. Cant forgive him for 2012.

Quick Reply

Latest