The Student Room Group

Pokemon GO! Official Thread - now officially released in the UK!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Scienceisgood
Guys, when you place a pokemon in a gym and if your gym is beaten, what happens to your pokemon you placed in there?

Does it automatically appear in your storage again or do you have to go retrieve it?
Or do you lose it forever?!

Appears back in your bag with 1hp
Reply 961
Screenshot_20160727-111150.png

Do you think I have enough yet?
Original post by Juno

Evolve them into Pigeotto (and/or Pigeot if you like) 😄
Original post by Juno

I had 4 pages of ratatta D:
Original post by Juno

Original post by DarkMagic
Evolve them into Pigeotto (and/or Pigeot if you like) 😄

Personally, I would be against evolving until having higher level of your character. If you take a closer look, the CP of a pokemon is different with each level which means it is pointless to evolve at early stage of the game since you will eventually catch better unevolved ones later in the game. But it is up to you whether you want to play the game competitively or just enjoy the gameplay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Juno

Catch 1 more pidgey and they you should have 13x3 candies = 39 + trading in 9 which gets you to 48 pidgey candies. You can then evolve 4 pidgey (require 12 candy each to evolve) and there's 2000xp (500x4) for you :colondollar:

At least I think that's how it works..
Should I invest more dust into a single pokemon or should I focus on getting multiple up in CP? I cant decide which would be better :/

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1469622694.093983.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Impressive
Personally, I would be against evolving until having higher level of your character. If you take a closer look, the CP of a pokemon is different with each level which means it is pointless to evolve at early stage of the game since you will eventually catch better unevolved ones later in the game. But it is up to you whether you want to play the game competitively or just enjoy the gameplay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
* I agree mostly but not when it comes to Pidgeys. There is no point holding onto Pidgey candies if you can catch at least 10 of them every day. I would assume the trainer of these Pidgeys is a low level, so the XP will be more useful to them as they'll level up faster. I wouldn't use Stardust to power them up yet though.

Personal preference though, like you say.
When there are leaves blowing about should that mean there is a pokemon there? Ive been walking around and there are plenty showing up, I just cant find them.
Reply 969
Original post by Zerforax
Catch 1 more pidgey and they you should have 13x3 candies = 39 + trading in 9 which gets you to 48 pidgey candies. You can then evolve 4 pidgey (require 12 candy each to evolve) and there's 2000xp (500x4) for you :colondollar:

At least I think that's how it works..

Well, I could...

Or I could just have an army of Pidgeys!
I would assume the trainer of these Pidgeys is a low level

No, I don't train them. I've not figured out how to do that yet.
* I agree mostly but not when it comes to Pidgeys. There is no point holding onto Pidgey candies if you can catch at least 10 of them every day. I would assume the trainer of these Pidgeys is a low level, so the XP will be more useful to them as they'll level up faster. I wouldn't use Stardust to power them up yet though.

Personal preference though, like you say.

You should still horde it so you have like 100 pidgeys to evolve all at once with a lucky egg, same with ratata

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do you get the eggs? I walk at least 10km a day during the work week so I could hatch loads of them and charge my phone in between walks when I'm in the office.

Started playing properly last night, so far I've got: 2 Squirtles, Nidoran(m), Zubat, Drowsee, Eevee, Weedle, Shellder, Nidoran(f), Paras, Meowth, Rattatta, Spearow, Goldeen, Caterpie, Pidgey, Venonat and Seaking

I've transferred all my duplicates for candy and then used power up from it. Apart from Squirtle, I want to keep two of those because they're cool
Original post by IanDangerously
How do you get the eggs? I walk at least 10km a day during the work week so I could hatch loads of them and charge my phone in between walks when I'm in the office.

Started playing properly last night, so far I've got: 2 Squirtles, Nidoran(m), Zubat, Drowsee, Eevee, Weedle, Shellder, Nidoran(f), Paras, Meowth, Rattatta, Spearow, Goldeen, Caterpie, Pidgey, Venonat and Seaking

I've transferred all my duplicates for candy and then used power up from it. Apart from Squirtle, I want to keep two of those because they're cool

You sometimes get eggs from pokestops so just use more of those. The strategy is to hoard Pokemon and candies until you get a free lucky egg then mass evolve as many Pokemon as you can and transfer the duplicates.

Powering up is useless until you're like level 20 because you catch higher cp Pokemon as you level up. So you may power up one to 200cp and then catch the same one with 300
Original post by pandaseattoast
When there are leaves blowing about should that mean there is a pokemon there? Ive been walking around and there are plenty showing up, I just cant find them.

Leaves mean nothing as far as general consensus goes - the footprints are supposed to be the guide for finding pokemon nearby (but are bugged at present)
Someone has worked out that the current cap on trainer level is level 40.

Does CP on pokemon cap out at any point? Or will you be able to catch much stronger pokemon at level 40 compared to say level 20?
Someone has worked out that the current cap on trainer level is level 40.

Does CP on pokemon cap out at any point? Or will you be able to catch much stronger pokemon at level 40 compared to say level 20?

The CP of wild Pokemon caps out at level 30, while the actual CP of Pokemon caps at 40 (since CP is level based). So basically a level 40 will catch the same CP Pokemon as a level 30 but the level 40 will be able to train them up further.
Original post by tomtjl
The CP of wild Pokemon caps out at level 30, while the actual CP of Pokemon caps at 40 (since CP is level based). So basically a level 40 will catch the same CP Pokemon as a level 30 but the level 40 will be able to train them up further.

Does that mean the max CP at lv 30 is lower than the max CP at lv 40? Or are you saying that as your trainer level increases to lv 40, you can then achieve more of the maximum capped CP?
Does that mean the max CP at lv 30 is lower than the max CP at lv 40? Or are you saying that as your trainer level increases to lv 40, you can then achieve more of the maximum capped CP?

He literally told you the exact answer....

you can't catch higher-CP pokemon beyond level 30, but you can still train them up beyond the cap found at level 30, when you're level 30+
Takes me like 35 minutes of walking to get 5 poke stops. Is that good or bad? There's no gyms in my area, have to travel a bit further.
anyone wanna make a group chat in whats app or something for pokemon go/

Quick Reply

Latest