The Student Room Group

help on student finance

I am going to University in september, and i have already applied for my student finance, however, i put down that i will be living at home and commuting into london. However, recently i have been looking at renting a flat in london with friends whilst I'm studying, but this will probably not happen until christmas!

is it possible to change your finance application, or apply for more funding after my uni course has started? and how would i do that ??

please help I'm so confused and thank you!!
Original post by nicolakaik
I am going to University in september, and i have already applied for my student finance, however, i put down that i will be living at home and commuting into london. However, recently i have been looking at renting a flat in london with friends whilst I'm studying, but this will probably not happen until christmas!

is it possible to change your finance application, or apply for more funding after my uni course has started? and how would i do that ??

please help I'm so confused and thank you!!

Yes you can change it and yes you can change it partway through the year.

Call SFE and ask them which forms you need to fill in/send them and when to get the change made.
You can change it up to 9 months after you start your course.
Reply 3
As above, yes it is possible.

However, make sure you do the maths first and use the online SF calculator to get an estimate of your new entitlement. Your Maintenance Loan won't necessarily go up by enough to cover rent in your chosen area.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending