The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aph
Maths teachers are great :h: at least mine were :tongue: although they were a rather insular department...

I've had a few really good maths teachers which I think is the reason I want to go into that field of work as I've seen them make kids actually like maths for once and I feel I could do the same Hahaa
So close yet so far
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1502
Original post by fefssdf
I've had a few really good maths teachers which I think is the reason I want to go into that field of work as I've seen them make kids actually like maths for once and I feel I could do the same Hahaa

Yeah I get that, maths is seen as scary for some person and a maths teacher who can help children love maths must be really inspiring.
Original post by Aph
Yeah I get that, maths is seen as scary for some person and a maths teacher who can help children love maths must be really inspiring.

That will be my aim :biggrin:
Reply 1504
Original post by fefssdf
That will be my aim :biggrin:

I'm sure you'll do it!!! (Just don't get into leadership because then you end up as a servent to the head)
Original post by o.s.s15
I did ocr chemistry and edexcel maths, how did you find them?

Chemistry was a good overall. Maths i got caught up on C1 and C2 on c2 mostly the last question (15 marker) but M1 was like a blessing after all the abuse i felt i got subjected to lol.
Original post by Aph
I'm sure you'll do it!!! (Just don't get into leadership because then you end up as a servent to the head)

Yh true true but I'd like to be a department head some day but Yh one of my teachers was an assistant head and she was always stressed 24/7
Hey guys just a quick one, if my insurance course is currently in the clearing list, does that mean they're more likely to accept me with grades AAB when my offer's AAA, or is that not how it goes?
Reply 1508
Original post by fefssdf
Yh true true but I'd like to be a department head some day but Yh one of my teachers was an assistant head and she was always stressed 24/7

Yes, plus you don't get to teach much when you take on a role in school leadership.
Department heads probably don't get the same stress however.
Reply 1509
Original post by somevirtualguy
Hey guys just a quick one, if my insurance course is currently in the clearing list, does that mean they're more likely to accept me with grades AAB when my offer's AAA, or is that not how it goes?

Not really, just means they think they will have space come results day.
Original post by Aph
Yes, plus you don't get to teach much when you take on a role in school leadership.
Department heads probably don't get the same stress however.

Yh true cause half the time you have all these meetings to go to which must get pretty dull cause I bet mostly you're just sitting their listening to their head and I doubt they take into account your own views that much !
Original post by Aph
Not really, just means they think they will have space come results day.

Haha thought so! Just gotta keep those fingers crossed I guess
Reply 1512
Original post by fefssdf
Yh true cause half the time you have all these meetings to go to which must get pretty dull cause I bet mostly you're just sitting their listening to their head and I doubt they take into account your own views that much !

From my time in student leadership that's definitely the case. Our SLT (head + Deputies) didn't listen to staff or student ideas, they acted positive,y to them but nothing would ever be done unless they were planning it anyway.
Original post by somevirtualguy
Haha thought so! Just gotta keep those fingers crossed I guess

Do you not think that you have your firm then?
Original post by fefssdf
Yh true I've reached the point where I've convinced myself alevels are rather pointless when you can just keep retaking forever till you get a good grade

Yeah, tbh I know I've failed at least one but that's okay because I didn't need it, and I know I probably need to be worried about the others, but this year has taken so much out of me that I just don't have the energy to panic. I s'pose retaking would be an ok option for me though
Original post by Aph
From my time in student leadership that's definitely the case. Our SLT (head + Deputies) didn't listen to staff or student ideas, they acted positive,y to them but nothing would ever be done unless they were planning it anyway.

Do you not think that you have your firm then?

I don't know what to think to be honest! It was all going smoothly until my very last exam which felt like a train wreck so that's completely knocked my confidence.

Like literally my grades could be A*A*A or AAB
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1515
What did you write in the that exam?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jayeshforce1
Chemistry was a good overall. Maths i got caught up on C1 and C2 on c2 mostly the last question (15 marker) but M1 was like a blessing after all the abuse i felt i got subjected to lol.

What do you think the grade boundaries will be like
Original post by fefssdf
Sorry to interrupt but Yh witfor unit 4ology my teacher basically told everyone it would be classification and diagnosis for sccizophrebia and psychological explainations so she made us write them essays up and spent so long moaning to us how the essays weren't good enough and that she was worried how it could come up so we literally did nothing on bio therapies within class so I'm guessingn a lot of people in my class just wrote pretty generic points eg. Drugs have side effects and are cheap and easy which they'll get limited marks for and I don't think anyone seemed to know any studies for this essay anyways so I really think the grade boundaries for unit 4 should go down a bit like at least 2 marks would be good and then unit 3 will either stay the same or go down like 1 mark

Wow that's so bad!! Your class must be really annoyed with your teacher then. With us we were well prepared for all of the possible questions, but some people still ignored the biological therapy question/revised it briefly. Tbh I was expecting something on the psychological side but I still revised biological because I knew that they'd done that in the past where 2 of the same 12 markers came up twice in a row.
But as you said, the grade boundaries should go down for unit 4.
When do schools get results? a week before?
Good luck a level students

Quick Reply