The Student Room Group

IGCSE Mathematics

Alteration literature to or an sympathize mr imprudence. Of is ferrars subject as enjoyed or tedious cottage. Procuring as in resembled by in agreeable. Next long no gave mr eyes. Admiration advantages no he celebrated so pianoforte unreserved. Not its herself forming charmed amiable. Him why feebly expect future now.
(edited 3 years ago)
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. :frown: Are you sure you've posted in the right place? :smile: Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there. :redface:

You can also find the Exam Thread list for A-levels here and GCSE here. :dumbells:

Just quoting in Puddles the Monkey so she can move the thread if needed :h:

Spoiler

Original post by williamnguyen
Hi everyone, I will be in year 9 after summer and will start studying IGCSE Mathematics as I'm in set 1. I'm wondering what is necessary to do for me to achieve 100% in the exams a part from self study and tutors. I would really appreciate if you could help? Also, I know I will do additional maths in year 11, so is there any else regarding the preparation that is necessary? Thank you very much! William Nguyen

For maths, your 100% comes from understanding the actual mathematics you are doing. Many people just remember the methods and use them without understanding the basic underlying principles. So if I had to suggest something that can help you get 100%, I'd say look outside the curriculum; such as the Pythagorean theorem, why is it used? Where does it come from? etc.. If you know everything inside out, practice hundreds of questions, it is impossible for you to not achieve 100%. :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by williamnguyen
Hi everyone, I will be in year 9 after summer and will start studying IGCSE Mathematics as I'm in set 1. I'm wondering what is necessary to do for me to achieve 100% in the exams a part from self study and tutors. I would really appreciate if you could help? Also, I know I will do additional maths in year 11, so is there any else regarding the preparation that is necessary? Thank you very much! William Nguyen

Apart from knowing the content inside out, to aim for 100% you'll probably need to do every past paper you can find

This will give you an idea of the types of questions asked and provide you the confidence to work swiftly through a paper with enough time left to check and recheck your answers.

i also recommend checking the mark schemes and examiners reports for each question.

Getting 100% in a paper often needs a bit of luck. I've known quite a few students who know the content better than most teachers but miss out on 100% because of e.g. a calculator error or missing out a line of working.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by notnek
Apart from knowing the content inside out, to aim for 100% you'll probably need to do every past paper you can find

This will give you an idea of the types of questions asked and provide you the confidence to work swiftly through a paper with enough time left to check and recheck your answers.

i also recommend checking the mark schemes and examiners reports for each question.

Getting 100% in a paper often needs a bit of luck. I've known quite a few students who know the content better than most teachers but miss out on 100% because of e.g. a calculator error or missing out a line of working.

Thanks a lot

Quick Reply

Latest