The Student Room Group

Your Partner White Lies.. What Do You Do?

Hey

As the title says, what do you do if your partner lies? Not a huge lie, but only lying about seeing someone behind your back
(edited 3 years ago)
Discuss it. Why do they feel the need to lie?
Reply 2
if it's non-sexual then they probably only hide it because they'd be fearful of their partner assuming otherwise

discussion is something people seem to skip over too often :3
Reply 3
Original post by Athematica
I let it go.

Possessiveness is awful and I hate the idea that my partner couldn't have a life outside of me or not do anything without me knowing. Once or twice I've ruined sweet surprises or made them feel suffocated because I permeated every instance of their life.

The lying is upsetting, I understand. Is it worth throwing the toys out of the pram over? You could discuss it, if you want. But perhaps if her reason is one of the above (and not something like she's cheating) then try to give them a little more space. I know I hate feeling like they're omnipresent in my life. Sure it's the same for others.

This sounds very easy going!
You confront them about it and nip it in the bud. Things only get worse over time and lies turn into secrets. You don't want then thinking that it's okay to lie to you (no matter how big the issue is).

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending