The Student Room Group

Anyone registered for BSC in adult nursing yet?

Am a bit concerned that I have not heard from Stirling Uni regarding registration yet. Is everyone else in the same boat? My portal page comes up 100% confirmed, accepted, etc., but was really hoping to register before handing in notice for a 10 year job. Has anyone else registered and is it worth giving admissions a little prod?
Original post by oldbenkenobi
Am a bit concerned that I have not heard from Stirling Uni regarding registration yet. Is everyone else in the same boat? My portal page comes up 100% confirmed, accepted, etc., but was really hoping to register before handing in notice for a 10 year job. Has anyone else registered and is it worth giving admissions a little prod?

I'm not at sterling but generally people don't get confirmation until the august results are out, regardless of your own individual position.
Then registration for the course does not usually happen until September when you will officially become a student. This is due to many people awaiting results, dbs checks, occupational health etc.
You can ring them and ask when this may be due to needing to hand in a notice but unfortunately it will be a bit to wait yet.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
OK, cheers for that. All very new to me. Am finding out that this is not just a scary prospect for kids.
Original post by oldbenkenobi
OK, cheers for that. All very new to me. Am finding out that this is not just a scary prospect for kids.

Yeah I was older than people on my class and also left an amazing full time job.
It didn't hit me until the day before class and I had a small panic!
But don't worry, you're all in the same boat regardless of age and circumstance etc and on nursing courses you'll find everyone really supportive and helpful.
Work out when you need to be in class etc and then look at what notice you need (4 weeks etc?) And then hand in your notice.
If all is confirmed and you have an unconditional offer then you're fine.
It's just a waiting game as other places may be re-offered from those who didn't meet the requirements etc so in august there will be a bit of juggling about for the universities to do.
Best of luck and make the most of it! It will fly in!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest