The Student Room Group

Please help me

Hello everyone,
hopefully you can help me on this hard issue,
first of all thanks for your time,
I'm Hungarian guy who studied in egypt and i finished Tourism school in egypt ( 3 years )
and i didn't go to thanaweya amma in egypt ( normal high school ),And I want to go to University but i don't know what should i study before i go to the university and I don't know the education system in the UK,
i heard from some people that I have to do the A-Levels and from some said I have to do the GCSE,
Please help me i'm 21 now I really appreciate your help
Original post by AmirF
Hello everyone,
hopefully you can help me on this hard issue,
first of all thanks for your time,
I'm Hungarian guy who studied in egypt and i finished Tourism school in egypt ( 3 years )
and i didn't go to thanaweya amma in egypt ( normal high school ),And I want to go to University but i don't know what should i study before i go to the university and I don't know the education system in the UK,
i heard from some people that I have to do the A-Levels and from some said I have to do the GCSE,
Please help me i'm 21 now I really appreciate your help

Have u done ur GCSES yet, because if u want to go to uni u have to have GCSES and A-levels?

Have u got grades for maths and english?
Reply 2
Best to speak to the uni you want to go to... Here we do GCSE at 15/16 and then ALevels at 17/18. Typically we get offers based on our A Level predicted grades (you might see this as A2 grades) but some courses require a C/B in GCSE math and/or English

If you have not done GCSE/A Levels ask what the equivalent offer would be in the qualifications you have done in the past. I have read a lot of courses that ask for an IELTS (or something similar) score of 6.5. This is an English test I think

Look on which university to find a course you want to do and then call/email the uni direct to find out what qualifications you need
Original post by AfcFob
Best to speak to the uni you want to go to... Here we do GCSE at 15/16 and then ALevels at 17/18. Typically we get offers based on our A Level predicted grades (you might see this as A2 grades) but some courses require a C/B in GCSE math and/or English

If you have not done GCSE/A Levels ask what the equivalent offer would be in the qualifications you have done in the past. I have read a lot of courses that ask for an IELTS (or something similar) score of 6.5. This is an English test I think

Look on which university to find a course you want to do and then call/email the uni direct to find out what qualifications you need

i agree:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
Have u done ur GCSES yet, because if u want to go to uni u have to have GCSES and A-levels?

Have u got grades for maths and english?

Thanks for your reply, it's complicated because i don't know what is equivalent to my study in egypt,but in egypt i've studied the preparatory school which is 3 years normally between 11 to 14 age old, after that we go to high school for 3 years between 14 to 17 or 18 years old,
so i've studied the preparatory and a tourism school for 3 years which is equivalent to NVQ I think,
So do you think I've to do GCSES or i can go straight to A-levels ?
And if i have to do GCSES could you please tell me if they will accept me and how much will it cost !
Original post by AmirF
Thanks for your reply, it's complicated because i don't know what is equivalent to my study in egypt,but in egypt i've studied the preparatory school which is 3 years normally between 11 to 14 age old, after that we go to high school for 3 years between 14 to 17 or 18 years old,
so i've studied the preparatory and a tourism school for 3 years which is equivalent to NVQ I think,
So do you think I've to do GCSES or i can go straight to A-levels ?
And if i have to do GCSES could you please tell me if they will accept me and how much will it cost !

Between the ages of 14-16 did u study maths, english and science?

Good news if u havent studied these topics then u dont have to worry the UK, have learning centres where u can learn about all of these topics and it is also for people like u to do if u wanted to, btw i just researched this on the intrenet so dont know if it is accurate enough and i dont think u have to pay a lot as well :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by x-bhakti-patel
Between the ages of 14-16 did u study maths, english and science?

Good news if u havent studied these topics then u dont have to worry the UK, have learning centres where u can learn about all of these topics and it is also for people like u to do if u wanted to, btw i just researched this on the intrenet so dont know if it is accurate enough and i dont think u have to pay a lot as well :smile:

Thanks,
I didn't study maths, english and science, so do you think i have to do the GCSES ?
Original post by AmirF
Thanks,
I didn't study maths, english and science, so do you think i have to do the GCSES ?

No, u dont have to but i do think like i mentioned before that u should take an english test something like that before going to uni, they allow u to do one.

but before that i do think u have to go to a learning center like i mentioned before in the UK, and learn about the three topics, and then do an exam at the end of it, and then there are many colleges in the UK, for afterwards which can help u and u just have to choice something u want to do.

but u said something about NVQ or something, and i think u might be able to go straight to college with it or even uni, but u need to talk to someone with experience about this, as i think they may able to help you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending