The Student Room Group

Summer 2017 Applications

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dasu95
Anyone attending the SEO AC tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile

im guessing that was the only assesment centre day?
Original post by dasu95

Posted from TSR Mobile

Since GS seems to be the only bank considering 2nd years in 4 year courses - and that's me right now - I'm making a new SW thread (the previous one seems to have closed): http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4229088&p=66626440

Also, some banks should add in their application the option to say you'd be willing to switch to a 3 year course (my course, for example, is integrated masters. Switching to bachelors and back literally requires filling in a form) if you were to secure a place! Last year I applied to SWs as a BEng thinking that I'd switch to that from MEng - which I didn't in the end. So this year I am re-applying as a MEng student.
Original post by dasu95

Posted from TSR Mobile

What was it like - feel free to DM me :smile:
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow

Nope, I went to the first one a couple of weeks ago, so it's definitely not the only one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by egdargi
Nope, I went to the first one a couple of weeks ago, so it's definitely not the only one :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

what do they do in the assessment centre?
Reply 226
Original post by brian_sp12
I you had spoken to them in several round you would also know that they have an internship app exam including tests

This is BS.

Am on the summer at GS and can confirm there are no internship exams whatsoever in any of the divisions. Neither are there any tests at the application stage for spring/summer/grad.
Reply 227
Original post by SJU1
This is BS.

Am on the summer at GS and can confirm there are no internship exams whatsoever in any of the divisions. Neither are there any tests at the application stage for spring/summer/grad.

What about logic questions/brainteasers in interviews?
Original post by RWiz
What about logic questions/brainteasers in interviews?

Mostly fit/competency but depends on the interviewer

Posted from TSR Mobile
has anyone had a video interview for the SEO Summer Launchpad or is it just me?
Original post by econibpe
has anyone had a video interview for the SEO Summer Launchpad or is it just me?

Anyone who passes first screening gets a video interview + numerical test invite
Original post by StevenGRogers
Anyone who passes first screening gets a video interview + numerical test invite

ah cheers, I had only seen people talking about the AC so wasn't sure.
Is SEO the charity that fast tracks ethnic minority students onto internships or something like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gladiatorsword
Is SEO the charity that fast tracks ethnic minority students onto internships or something like that?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes
Best way to prepare for psychometric tests still buying Assessment Day you reckon?
Original post by Selym95
Best way to prepare for psychometric tests still buying Assessment Day you reckon?

I personally prefer Graduate Monkey :biggrin:
Original post by Commercial Paper
I personally prefer Graduate Monkey :biggrin:

I'm not made of money :wink:

Why do you prefer it if you don't mind me asking? *
Original post by Selym95
I'm not made of money :wink:

Why do you prefer it if you don't mind me asking? *

The style of questions is a lot closer to the real thing
Original post by Commercial Paper
The style of questions is a lot closer to the real thing

Presumably you've just bought the SHL pack or have you bought the bundle? That's the only dilemma when using Graduate Monkey
Original post by Selym95
Presumably you've just bought the SHL pack or have you bought the bundle? That's the only dilemma when using Graduate Monkey

I can't remember. I bought various things last year on some kind of deal from them. Planning to get it again soon for this year.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply