The Student Room Group

Do you ever just go on long drives to clear your head?

I feel like this is becoming more and more frequent for me. Some people are addicted to drugs, I'm addicted to going for a drive to try and chill out hahaha.
Yeah, I do it quite often, I will tend to do it more on a weekend rather than weekday, I kind of prefer night driving when less cars and only me going down country roads, I like my road trips
Original post by scorpion95
Yeah, I do it quite often, I will tend to do it more on a weekend rather than weekday, I kind of prefer night driving when less cars and only me going down country roads, I like my road trips

Yeah that's the exact same as me. I love driving when no one else is there and I feel like it's just me and I can enjoy peace haha.
I used to. Like if I was up at 2am and I couldn't sleep because I was worrying about something, I used to just take the car out and drive wherever the roads took me for half an hour or so, sometimes longer. Once I was out for 4 hours.

But then I realised how much I was spending on fuel and decided it wasn't such a good idea after all.
Original post by GoingToBurst
I feel like this is becoming more and more frequent for me. Some people are addicted to drugs, I'm addicted to going for a drive to try and chill out hahaha.

When my mum was going through a rough divorce she used to do this - I love going for a long drive. Makes you feel calmer and grounded... I suppose it's like a walk for lazy people
Original post by 1010marina
When my mum was going through a rough divorce she used to do this - I love going for a long drive. Makes you feel calmer and grounded... I suppose it's like a walk for lazy people

It's funny you mention that, I'm going through some relationship issues right now and I've driven more miles this month than I think I ever have in total! I would go for a walk, but I'm too scared of being mugged in the middle of the night hahahah.
Long walks for me sometimes.
Original post by GoingToBurst
It's funny you mention that, I'm going through some relationship issues right now and I've driven more miles this month than I think I ever have in total! I would go for a walk, but I'm too scared of being mugged in the middle of the night hahahah.

That's true aha. Plus for things like break ups and bereavements, your house starts to feel kinda empty.
Original post by 1010marina
That's true aha. Plus for things like break ups and bereavements, your house starts to feel kinda empty.

Walking's safer than driving here when it comes to the night time. Never seen any dodgy characters, but I've had more than a few "skiddingly" (:biggrin:) close calls with deer and the like.

After one incident I decided to carry an airgun in the boot if I was going out for a drive at night in case I hit a rabbit and a coup de grace was in order. Had to kill one by running it over again, several times. Thankfully that's the only one, but they're teeming round these roads and if you drive at night, it's only a matter of time until you sadly hit one.
(edited 7 years ago)
I most definitely would...if I had a car, and knew how to drive :-)
I do that! It's just so nice to drive and just forget about everything!

@AthiaKarim You didn't go for the lessons yet then?
Original post by FireFreezer77
I do that! It's just so nice to drive and just forget about everything!

@AthiaKarim You didn't go for the lessons yet then?

Nope :frown: :colondollar:
Original post by AthiaKarim
Nope :frown: :colondollar:

:colonhash:
Whyyyyy?????
I often go for drives for a bit of me-time, because it's the only way I can truly get a bit of time by myself a lot of the time. Just jump in the car, put on some tunes of my choice, shut the windows to separate myself from the outside world, put the climate control on to get a nice temperature going and mentally plan out a route that makes for both nice views and a fun drive. One of the finest things you can ever experience IMO.
(edited 7 years ago)
I run, listening to music in the night is like my favourite thing in the world, like the only real time I get to be alone.
Original post by WoodyMKC
I often go for drives for a bit of me-time, because it's the only way I can truly get a bit of time by myself a lot of the time. Just jump in the car, put on some tunes of my choice, shut the windows to separate myself from the outside world, put the climate control on to get a nice temperature going and mentally plan out a route that makes for both nice views and a fun drive. One of the finest things you can ever experience IMO.

Pretty much the same. It's perfection :smile: Although I tend to cycle nowadays as back at home there's plenty of beautiful places close by. Uni is a different story though...
Original post by FireFreezer77
:colonhash:
Whyyyyy?????

Because I can't be asked and have a lot on lately! Will do later this year maybe! :tongue:
Yes.. long drive is one of the best relaxation methods. It gives happiness especially late night drives

Quick Reply

Latest