The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Samii123
3 billion people would disagree with you however.

And? This thread asked what we, as individuals, thought the most boring sport was. Not what 3 billion other people think the most boring sport is.
Darts.
Original post by JEG666
Probably golf, cricket or darts. But also men's top league football because a game which is full of players playing for money and fame not the actual game. Also just to note i ain't bein sexist when i say men its just womens footy is never on the TV.

Eurosport broadcasts women's U19. I saw a part of a match today. :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by GoingToBurst
And? This thread asked what we, as individuals, thought the most boring sport was. Not what 3 billion other people think the most boring sport is.

I'm just pointing out that it's the most popular sport in the world, also aren't those 3 billion people also individuals in their own right?
Golf by far. Football's the best, then badminton.
I'm just pointing out that it's the most popular sport in the world, also aren't those 3 billion people also individuals in their own right?

Yes but those 3 billion people can answer this thread on their own if they want, they don't need you representing them hahah. It doesn't matter to me that it's the most popular sport in the world, I find it boring. Why is that difficult to understand?
golf, or possibly tennis because they both go on for hours, and the scoring system was invented by the devil
so not true!
pole dancing is real fun and archery is good too!

for me its

golf

swimming

bowls

cricket

pool/snooker

(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 48
Original post by Wilfred Little
51 is quite good tbh, mine is about 17/18. I am truly shite at it but I enjoy the sport.

You sound around my level :tongue: I have had a few 18s and one like 20 something (in actual games with people that is), practised a lot after starting midway through 2nd term in uni this year but I'm not a very coordinated person... Nevertheless I have been much too into the viewing side of things, eschewing revision for the world championships these past two years..
To watch?
Nothing beats watching golf for boredom
Reply 50
Yes but those 3 billion people can answer this thread on their own if they want, they don't need you representing them hahah. It doesn't matter to me that it's the most popular sport in the world, I find it boring. Why is that difficult to understand?

Damn, why are you so defensive, I'm simply conveying that it's irregular to find people who say football is boring. It seems you can't say anything in this day and age without offending someone and igniting an argument.
Damn, why are you so defensive, I'm simply conveying that it's irregular to find people who say football is boring. It seems you can't say anything in this day and age without offending someone and igniting an argument.

Sorry? I actually thought it was you that was getting defensive but okay. You didn't convey that it was irregular at all, you simply said that 3 billion people would disagree and that those 3 billion people were individuals. I'm not offended or arguing. Jeez, I hate the internet sometimes. No sense of tone.
Reply 52
Sorry? I actually thought it was you that was getting defensive but okay. You didn't convey that it was irregular at all, you simply said that 3 billion people would disagree and that those 3 billion people were individuals. I'm not offended or arguing. Jeez, I hate the internet sometimes. No sense of tone.

By quoting the huge number of football fans I thought it would be apparent that few people found it boring but I guess not
Timber Sports.
Yu-gi-oh
Original post by 1 8 13 20 42
You sound around my level :tongue: I have had a few 18s and one like 20 something (in actual games with people that is), practised a lot after starting midway through 2nd term in uni this year but I'm not a very coordinated person... Nevertheless I have been much too into the viewing side of things, eschewing revision for the world championships these past two years..

Same here, love it when the worldies are on. Do you have a favourite player?
I know some of you on here enjoy absolutely no sports and you would say all of them are boring but for me the most boring sport is test cricket because they pretty much play to just not get out and as a result it's incredibly dull.

Test cricket now is actually more exciting, especially with Australia and England. It's just countries like India and Sri Lanka who still bat for 5 days...
cricket
baseball
golf
Formula 1
Reply 58
Original post by Wilfred Little
Same here, love it when the worldies are on. Do you have a favourite player?

Not really, I like most of the top guys for different reasons. I guess Ding, Ronnie, Selby and Trump are particular favourites.
football or cricket

Latest