The Student Room Group

Loan for 4 years

If my daughter, after 2 years at University, swaps to do 2 years at a drama school, will she still get funding for her time at drama school? And will the last two years be of similar amount as the first two? Apart from the "year four" question, I'm also concerned to see rumours about the 3rd year's payments being reduced. I really can't afford to fund her.
Original post by JennyGee
If my daughter, after 2 years at University, swaps to do 2 years at a drama school, will she still get funding for her time at drama school? And will the last two years be of similar amount as the first two? Apart from the "year four" question, I'm also concerned to see rumours about the 3rd year's payments being reduced. I really can't afford to fund her.

This is the formula used to assess a student's loan entitlement: length of degree - previous years of university study + 1 gift year = loan entitlement.

If your daughter starts a new three year degree at a drama school then she would have to fund the first year herself. If she transferred into the second year of the new degree then she would receive enough funding to finish the degree.
The final year payment is reduced. This is because she has finished uni and doesn't need funding over the summer.

Quick Reply

Latest