The Student Room Group

Merkel stands by migrant policy

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Galaxie501
I also believe that it should be mandatory thatpresidents and chancellors have children of their own.

You should not lead a country when you have no stakes in it.

Very nice for you. Stop those childless couples. Is Leadsom your mum?
Original post by 999tigger
Very nice for you. Stop those childless couples. Is Leadsom your mum?

And there I was naiv enough to appeal to common sense.
Reply 22
Original post by Inexorably
As already mentioned, it's not surprising she's defended this. Though by far this is one of the most catastrophic decisions she's ever made and will pretty much cripple the CD/CSU after their previous strong election results.

Also, AfD are not going to win with an overall majority. at the next election at all If any German party is barmy enough to enter a coalition with them then it could happen, but all the "major parties" are nowhere near the right-wing area of the spectrum.

The prospect of a strong far right was still unthinkable 3 years ago. On the contrary, Merkel had shrewdly absorbed the Liberal Party (FDP) and the CDU had become almighty on the right, but her politics on refugees has led to the emergence of AfD, which is now the 2nd/3rd party of Germany - depending on the land. This will haunt her.
And there I was naiv enough to appeal to common sense.

I agree with the naive bit. Common sense not so much.
I agree with the naive bit. Common sense not so much.

People who dont have children should not lead a country with millions and in some cases billions of people. They have no stakes making it worth to make informed decisions.

Whats so hard to grasp about that?
(edited 7 years ago)
So more ISIS bois gonna come into Germany then.
People who dont have children should not lead a country with millions and in some cases billions of people. They have no stakes making it worth to make informed decisions.

Whats so hard to grasp about that?

Nothing hard to grasp about it except its wrong and rather naive.
It doesnt stop them being able to make intelligent decisions, just becayse they dont have kids.
Original post by M14B
Joke in a very bad fashion. In fact not even funny

Joke? What?

Original post by MrMackyTv
She exploited the refugee crisis for cheap labour before considering the social impacts mass migration has on the population that is already there. Very silly move, but she has to stand by it, she's probably regretting it.

... You think the "refugee" migrants are working?
It's the country's history of Nazism that causes these politicians to go completely overboard in the opposite direction. They fear anything that could make them appear even remotely right-wing or 'nationalistic,' even if it puts their national security, the safety of their citizens and the preservation of their culture at risk.
Original post by Dandaman1
It's the country's history of Nazism that causes these politicians to go completely overboard in the opposite direction. They fear anything that could make them appear even remotely right-wing or 'nationalistic,' even if it puts their national security, the safety of their citizens and the preservation of their culture at risk.

Well, they need to get over it. It doesn't just affect them...
Nothing hard to grasp about it except its wrong and rather naive.
It doesnt stop them being able to make intelligent decisions, just becayse they dont have kids.

They care less, hence make less intelligent decisions.

Do you honestly think that Merkel would still defend her immigration policy if she had daughters, or children in general? ......... I dont think so.
Original post by TercioOfParma
She's only in for a little over a year, thank god. Hopefully AfD wins.

she can do a lot of damage in a little over a year, inb4 she lets in another million rapefugees because feelings, RIP Germany

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Greg Jackson
she can do a lot of damage in a little over a year, brb lets in another million rapefugees RIP Germany

AfD will probably deport them. I have no doubt they could get most of them by going city by city.
They care less, hence make less intelligent decisions.

Do you honestly think that Merkel would still defend her immigration policy if she had daughters, or children in general? ......... I dont think so.

Do you have any proof that childless people make less intelligent decisions?
Just a very lame excuse to try and find fault.
Original post by Greg Jackson
she can do a lot of damage in a little over a year, inb4 she lets in another million rapefugees because feelings, RIP Germany

Clearly shes not going to let another million in. Thats why they did the deal with Turkey.

there wouldnt be such a migration of people if the Wesy hadnt contributed to creating the situation in the first place by starting wars.
Do you have any proof that childless people make less intelligent decisions?
Just a very lame excuse to try and find fault.

1) I dont need excuses to find fault in Merkels politics. I dont even need to "find" fault in the first place because its right in front of our eyes. All I have to do is look at her "fault".

2) Why the hell are you making this about "people" as if we are talking about the general public? Thats the second time youve done that now. We are talking about people who are responsible for the fate of millions of people; Presidents, Chancellors, PM's. It doesnt matter if your average joe makes less intelligent decisions.

3) If I have any proof that childless people make less intelligent decisions?
Yes, basic psychology. If you dont have any stakes you are prone to making careless decisions. This is especially true if you dont have any future stakes you need to worry about.

So yes, having children is tremendously important when you're a world leader like Merkel.
or ofc you can say it influences themi too much and they are incapabl;e of making the best objective decisions.

So you dont have any proof, give me some credible links where professionals or world leaders made worse decisions because they didnt have children. Do world leaders with children ever make poor decisions?

Your theory should run true for any professional if its true.

CEO's, Drs, lawyers, accountants, engineers all better decisions than their childless peers...

Its why Leadsom quit because it was a stupid comment, she knew it and was widely ridiculed by everyone for it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 37
Clearly shes not going to let another million in. Thats why they did the deal with Turkey.

there wouldnt be such a migration of people if the Wesy hadnt contributed to creating the situation in the first place by starting wars.

The war in Syria was created by Bachar who, despite the repeated calls to resign from every western country, remained in power at all cost, including bombing his people. Suggesting that the situation in Syria is our fault is ludicrous.
Original post by Josb
The war in Syria was created by Bachar who, despite the repeated calls to resign from every western country, remained in power at all cost, including bombing his people. Suggesting that the situation in Syria is our fault is ludicrous.

ISIS wouldnt have come about had it not been for the west inadvertently giving them a cause and a boost from their intervention in Iraq. Events followed.
Reply 39
ISIS wouldnt have come about had it not been for the west inadvertently giving them a cause and a boost from their intervention in Iraq. Events followed.

The civil war in Syria had already started long before ISIS arrived in Syria. The Al-Nusra front was making big territorial gains at that time; they aren't much better than ISIS.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending