The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVIII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Midnightmemories
So pleased that things are going well for you @Airmed! Hugs to @Inexorably and @Ezme39 and all those that need them :hugs:

--

Other news. I have work tomorrow. I'm not looking forward to it as my knees have been bad recently and work makes them worse (my knee caps apparently slightly out of place?) and also work is making me feel a bit meh after I finish recently. Not sure if it's just because I'm generally meh at the moment or if it's something else.

(Meh = a bit iffy)

What in particular in your job gets your knees?
My knee caps arnt aligned properly either :five: and i know it can be hard, and bloomin painful.
Could you prehaps ask for an occupational health referal? They may be able to suggest things to help at work to ease your knees

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FireFreezer77
Hey, sorry this is late!

I'm so proud of you for going! Lots of people would've backed out so you did incredibly well to go there and do it! Well done!
I'm sorry to hear about how you were feeling when you were there but, it's over now and you've done it! Very well done indeed!

Hoping for the best news for you! You deserve it! Just hope everything goes well for you!

Thank you! :hugs: I'll keep you all updated on the outcome of the medical. Hoping I don't have to wait too long for a result as they nerves of whether I'll continue to get ESA are making me ill.

Just read your post about OCD, sorry to hear you're in a setback with it :frown: I hope it passes soon :hugs:

------

Getting the train down to Manchester on Saturday and I'm terrified of having a panic on the train. I've only just started to be able to go to Glasgow on the train which is 50 mins but the train to Manchester is 4 and a half hours. Not been on the train down to there in five years and we usually drive down so I'm pretty nervous. Just hoping the journey goes in quick

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
i wondered if anyone here has had issues with self medicating and managed to overcome it without outside help. personally, group meetings where people cry over their problems are my idea of hell and i will never be a part of one. i don't have a big problem, it's not the first thing on my mind when i wake up but i spend a lot of money on it and maybe should cut down but it's hard and my selfcontrol fails me. i don't get out of hand (anymore) and my mum doesnt seem to think its a problem and my friends seem to find it funny i guess. the only people who have said it is a problem are the doctors and nurses i have seen recently but i reckon it's just someting they say to people with mental problems. my meds make me lazy and i really don't have it in me to switch to something like exercise. i guess i'm just looking for an easy way out (cut to rocky IV music)
Feel like I'm stuck in a cycle of hopelessness.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Good luck for tomorrow :hugs:

Sorry for your losses :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by FireFreezer77
Aww im so sorry to hear that! :hugs:

Im so sorry for your losses. It must be so hard for you but remember, things always get better. Always!

Aw well im certain things will look up soon. You come across as such a lovely young lady and you deserve the best.

Im not sure what else to say other than stay strong and im always here if you need someone!!

Original post by furryface12
Really hope you can get some good help - you both need and deserve it :hugs:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't know what to say at all but :jumphug:, really sorry to hear all that :frown:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
SH/Suicide urges TW

Spoiler

(edited 7 years ago)
Go my cazy hair back and im very happy, dunno why i stopped!

My brothers wedding tomorrow! Very excited and happy, but means i have to see and possibly speak to my dad, which i cant be arsed with.
Thinking of getting trashed though i dunno :s-smilie:

Had a horrible thing happen in my blck of flats on monday and still slightly freaking out over it :s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm being medicated again.
Original post by CaitlinN15
Sorry guys not been on here for the past few days because of the news I've recieved but thanks I really appreciate it. I'm really really upset though my life just constantly going down hill, I just really can't carry on anymore.. in the past few days life has really gotten to its worse point.. I've done things I've never done before. . :frown:((

Original post by Anonymous
Really trying to resist the urge right now, please for the love of everything when will this stop.

Could you both spoiler your respective posts please?

If you need extra support that TSR can't provide there's always The Samaritans and their details can be found here: http://www.samaritans.org/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy

If you need extra support that TSR can't give you there's always The Samaritans and their details can be found here: http://www.samaritans.org/

Can anon edited their post? I thought that wasn't possible. Or I'm just making **** up in my dazed state? :redface:
Original post by Airmed
Can anon edited their post? I thought that wasn't possible. Or I'm just making **** up in my dazed state? :redface:

I have absolutely no idea :redface: If they can't, I'll do it for them :smile:
Original post by Deyesy
I have absolutely no idea :redface: If they can't, I'll do it for them :smile:

Anons can't edit their posts but obviously as you know mods can x

--------
Really feel unloved tbh rn and i dont mean that to fish at all :/ just feel unlikeable and almost bordering on evil so idk why i expect ppl to want to be around me
Original post by Anonymous
Anons can't edit their posts but obviously as you know mods can x
--------
Really feel unloved tbh rn and i dont mean that to fish at all :/ just feel unlikeable and almost bordering on evil so idk why i expect ppl to want to be around me

Thank you for letting me know :smile: I've edited their post for them
Original post by PandaWho
What in particular in your job gets your knees?
My knee caps arnt aligned properly either :five: and i know it can be hard, and bloomin painful.
Could you prehaps ask for an occupational health referal? They may be able to suggest things to help at work to ease your knees

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's the standing around and being on my feet all day that really makes them painful. So does the going back and forth from the back and the front getting things done. The heavy lifting and pulling ovens out doesn't help my wrist issue, and I've been banned from cutting baguettes and pulling said ovens out because of it. (They don't want me curled up in a ball again lol) the heavy lifting isn't that bad so I can do it as long as I don't do too much in one go. My work know about the problems so we've had a chat and we've put the bans in place to help me lol.

My physio dude has spoken to me and has said to me that if my work want to contact him about my wrist and my knees they can, he's more than happy to advise them. (I go to physio in a hospital, and my physio dude is one of the most experienced and high up ones. XD)

I don't think that much more can be done for me at work sadly :frown:

Also, my work want to attempt to put some more responsibilities on me before I start my apprenticeship. Sadly one part of a thing they want me to do is something that I can't do right because of my wrist so I have no clue how they're going to get around that one. :giggle: don't think they realise how serious it all is :rofl:

Sorry for the late response!
--

Feeling a little better this evening. I haven't cried yet so that's all good.
Original post by Midnightmemories
It's the standing around and being on my feet all day that really makes them painful. So does the going back and forth from the back and the front getting things done. The heavy lifting and pulling ovens out doesn't help my wrist issue, and I've been banned from cutting baguettes and pulling said ovens out because of it. (They don't want me curled up in a ball again lol) the heavy lifting isn't that bad so I can do it as long as I don't do too much in one go. My work know about the problems so we've had a chat and we've put the bans in place to help me lol.

My physio dude has spoken to me and has said to me that if my work want to contact him about my wrist and my knees they can, he's more than happy to advise them. (I go to physio in a hospital, and my physio dude is one of the most experienced and high up ones. XD)

I don't think that much more can be done for me at work sadly :frown:

Also, my work want to attempt to put some more responsibilities on me before I start my apprenticeship. Sadly one part of a thing they want me to do is something that I can't do right because of my wrist so I have no clue how they're going to get around that one. :giggle: don't think they realise how serious it all is :rofl:

Sorry for the late response!
--

Feeling a little better this evening. I haven't cried yet so that's all good.

How about suggesting simple things like being able to sit down for a minuet every hour or something silly? It sounds like your work are being really good anyway by putting things in place.

You can get round stuff with an occupational health referal :yep: it means your still ok to do your job, but you just cant do certain bits, occy health arnt a negative thing.
I was reffered to them in my last job so my work could help me, it never got fully put in place due to my sudden resignation, but stuff like not carrying heavy equipment, having the step out on the bus to help my knees, having somewhere to sit ect.

It might be worth getting your boss to talk to the physio for advice before your apprenticeship starts though :yep:
Though it does sound positive that your work are willing to make adjustments for you!

Glad your feeling better!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Deyesy

If you need extra support that TSR can't provide there's always The Samaritans and their details can be found here: http://www.samaritans.org/

My spoilers on this thread aren't working for some reason doing

Spoiler

and copying it back in but just not working ://

And yeah I know I both use them and volunteer with them, anyway I wasn't referring to anything like that when i said about the things ive never done. . What I meant was talking to new online people but I'll try and do it again anyway with the spoiler

Edit: the spoilers done now anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
My spoilers on this thread aren't working for some reason doing

Spoiler

and copying it back in but just not working ://

And yeah I know I both use them and volunteer with them, anyway I wasn't referring to anything like that when i said about the things ive never done. . What I meant was talking to new online people but I'll try and do it again anyway with the spoiler

Edit: the spoilers done now anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry :redface: Just 'I've done things I've never done before :frown:' sounded like the obvious. Sorry about that :/
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Deyesy
Sorry :redface: Just 'I've done things I've never done before :frown:' sounded like the obvious. Sorry about that :/*

It's okay, my fault... I should've been more specific

Posted from TSR Mobile
argh PTSD fighting at me :frown: need to sleep, got an early start at 6am and it's already midnight and I'm loosing :frown:((

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good, hope they help! Hope uni's not too bad either and you can get a bit better before then :hugs:
You too, really has been ages!

That's really good to hear! But you're definitely good on here :smile: exactly with the resisting thing, it really is but you'll get there eventually- hopefully we all will. And not sure, but thanks :redface:

Don't know what to say at all but :jumphug:, really sorry to hear all that :frown:

Edit: Also good luck @Spock's Socks! Forgot that bit :colondollar:

Spoiler

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wait, I'm confused. Isn't that FurryFace' VM to me?
Why did you post that if you don't mind me asking?

No worries, your life is way more important than being on TSR!!
Possible trigger warning for others

Spoiler

Latest