The Student Room Group
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website

Nicholson Block A?

Hey I was just wondering if anyone was in block A this coming September! I'm in NICHOA16A, which I'm guessing is like 3rd/4th floor...would love to know a little bit about you guys before we eventually meet!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by MasktheGiraffe
Hey I was just wondering if anyone was in block A this coming September! I'm in NICHOA16A, which I'm guessing is like 3rd/4th floor...would love to know a little bit about you guys before we eventually meet!

hey i'm going to be in NICHOA05A, so i'm probably going to be on the ground floor!
Student in halls, University of Hull
University of Hull
Kingston-upon-Hull
Visit website
Reply 2
Hey guys, I'm in NICHOA13A. No idea which floor that would put me on. Have you found any others in the same block? Not seen many myself
Original post by Adam550
Hey guys, I'm in NICHOA13A. No idea which floor that would put me on. Have you found any others in the same block? Not seen many myself

I haven't found many people, but Facebook seems to be more forthcoming in the search! Sounds like you're pretty close to me if you're in 13 and I'm in 16... What're you studying?
Reply 4
I haven't found many people, but Facebook seems to be more forthcoming in the search! Sounds like you're pretty close to me if you're in 13 and I'm in 16... What're you studying?

Yeah I joined the group for the hall, but there doesn't seem to be much activity. Could potentially be on the same floor. I'll be studying mechanical engineering, what about you? Do you already have your results, or still waiting?
Original post by Adam550
Yeah I joined the group for the hall, but there doesn't seem to be much activity. Could potentially be on the same floor. I'll be studying mechanical engineering, what about you? Do you already have your results, or still waiting?

Biomedical Engineering, so I guess we may have some crossovers! I finished A-levels two years ago so I already have my results...what about you? And I know, the inhabitants of Block A seem particularly quiet at the moment. Have you got far to come?
Reply 6
Biomedical Engineering, so I guess we may have some crossovers! I finished A-levels two years ago so I already have my results...what about you? And I know, the inhabitants of Block A seem particularly quiet at the moment. Have you got far to come?
That's cool. Yeah we might do! I've already got mine too so I'll definitely be going. I imagine most won't have their results yet, so probably haven't joined the group. It's about a 200 mile drive or so as I live in Buckinghamshire. What about you?
Original post by Adam550
That's cool. Yeah we might do! I've already got mine too so I'll definitely be going. I imagine most won't have their results yet, so probably haven't joined the group. It's about a 200 mile drive or so as I live in Buckinghamshire. What about you?

Dorset! So I've got about 260 miles...not looking forward to that drive! Yeah, that's a good point. Maybe some more people will come out of the woodwork after results day.
Reply 8
Dorset! So I've got about 260 miles...not looking forward to that drive! Yeah, that's a good point. Maybe some more people will come out of the woodwork after results day.

Oh god...thought my drive was bad enough. Have you had a look around the uni or area yet? I went in completely blind and didn't look at anything
Original post by Adam550
Oh god...thought my drive was bad enough. Have you had a look around the uni or area yet? I went in completely blind and didn't look at anything

I went up on an applicant day (got the train) and looked around the campus! It seems really nice actually, (and this is going to sound really bad) but better than I expected aha! I didn't get a chance to visit the lawns accomodation though so hopefully it'll be okay...are you planning on visiting before you go? I know they have a couple open days left this year.
Reply 10
I went up on an applicant day (got the train) and looked around the campus! It seems really nice actually, (and this is going to sound really bad) but better than I expected aha! I didn't get a chance to visit the lawns accomodation though so hopefully it'll be okay...are you planning on visiting before you go? I know they have a couple open days left this year.

Well that's good to hear, I wasn't expecting much from the area myself haha. From what I've heard, the Lawns is fairly nice with a decent social aspect to it. I'll be driving up there in a few weeks to look around the place, hopefully will get a look at the accommodation.
Original post by Adam550
Well that's good to hear, I wasn't expecting much from the area myself haha. From what I've heard, the Lawns is fairly nice with a decent social aspect to it. I'll be driving up there in a few weeks to look around the place, hopefully will get a look at the accommodation.

I was thinking about going up again to have a look at the accommodation but it's quite expensive so I figured it can't be that bad haha. Let me know if there's, you know, cockroaches crawling around or something!
Hey guys I lived in Nicholson A this past year and just thought I'd let you know which rooms are on which floors :smile:

There are 3 floors; bottom being 1-7, middle 8-14, and top 15-21. Bottom is boys, middle is mixed, and top is girls
Original post by fieldy_xo
Hey guys I lived in Nicholson A this past year and just thought I'd let you know which rooms are on which floors :smile:

There are 3 floors; bottom being 1-7, middle 8-14, and top 15-21. Bottom is boys, middle is mixed, and top is girls

Thank you so much it's really hard to find info about things like that! Did you like it there?
Thank you so much it's really hard to find info about things like that! Did you like it there?

I had a good time there! Its really well laid out unlike other blocks, and the majority of the rooms are bigger too. My friend was staying in the room you'll be in and her en-suite was the size of a normal bathroom.

Also, the cleaner is lovely. If she's still working there make sure to be nice to her, she leaves treats at christmas and easter :smile:
Original post by fieldy_xo
I had a good time there! Its really well laid out unlike other blocks, and the majority of the rooms are bigger too. My friend was staying in the room you'll be in and her en-suite was the size of a normal bathroom.

Also, the cleaner is lovely. If she's still working there make sure to be nice to her, she leaves treats at christmas and easter :smile:

Aww, how lovely, I will make sure to! Thanks for the info! :smile:
Reply 16
I was thinking about going up again to have a look at the accommodation but it's quite expensive so I figured it can't be that bad haha. Let me know if there's, you know, cockroaches crawling around or something!
I was going up yesterday for the open day, but annoyingly got a puncture on the way so had to bin it. Went up today instead but couldn't get a decent look at much as it wasn't an open day. The area around the halls seems fine, I guess you can get a reasonable idea of what the rooms are like from the website.
Original post by Adam550
I was going up yesterday for the open day, but annoyingly got a puncture on the way so had to bin it. Went up today instead but couldn't get a decent look at much as it wasn't an open day. The area around the halls seems fine, I guess you can get a reasonable idea of what the rooms are like from the website.

Oh no, how awful! At least you saw a little bit of it I guess...thanks for letting me know how it went! By the way, if you join the Nicholson facebook group, we've got a block A group chat going that I can add you to if you want :smile:
Reply 18
Oh no, how awful! At least you saw a little bit of it I guess...thanks for letting me know how it went! By the way, if you join the Nicholson facebook group, we've got a block A group chat going that I can add you to if you want :smile:

Thanks, that would be great if you don't mind :smile:. I'm in the Facebook group, my name is Adam Oldfield
Reply 19
So my room is NICHOC25A, and I haven't got a clue what it means? Anyone fancy helping me out?

Quick Reply

Latest