The Student Room Group

2015 Vacation Scheme help Jones Day, Macfarlanes and Linklaters

Macfarlanes Training Contract Interview-
The firm is like everything you read cold, old-fashioned and formal. The staff have a certain seriousness about them and are not friendly.
Nevertheless, I would advise for the group task that you listen and encourage others. Put forward your own ideas, but your voice should not be the only one that can be heard!!!
In addition, the partner interview is really attempting to establish a canidates fit.
My partner was from Tax and I could tell that he did not like me. Macfarlanes is looking for a paticular set of skills so don't worry if you don't make the cut. He did not like my application and even yelled at me towards the end of the interview. Make sure you are clear about your motivations for entering the City. Indeed, I would emphasize upon why you find the global nature of commercial transacations fascinating.
Finally, beware of the written excercise. Practice as many buisness case studies as you can and make sure you are as analytical as possible.
Reply 1
Original post by Gh23456

In addition, the partner interview is really attempting to establish a canidates fit.
My partner was from Tax and I could tell that he did not like me. Macfarlanes is looking for a paticular set of skills so don't worry if you don't make the cut. He did not like my application and even yelled at me towards the end of the interview. .

Is Macfarlanes not CV blind?
Original post by Gh23456
The firm is like everything you read cold, old-fashioned and formal. The staff have a certain seriousness about them and are not friendly.
Nevertheless, I would advise for the group task that you listen and encourage others. Put forward your own ideas, but your voice should not be the only one that can be heard!!!
My partner was from Tax and I could tell that he did not like me. Macfarlanes is looking for a paticular set of skills so don't worry if you don't make the cut. He did not like my application and even yelled at me towards the end of the interview. Make sure you are clear about your motivations for entering the City. Indeed, I would emphasize upon why you find the global nature of commercial transacations fascinating.
Finally, beware of the written excercise. Practice as many buisness case studies as you can and make sure you are as analytical as possible.

Curious to know what he yelled about! What was the context?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending