The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Aph
Well when you do, do let us know. I'd be fascinated to find out!!
Results day is too close but at the same time too far away :frown:

I know right ; the wait is killing meeeee and I won't believe it when it actually arrives ; gonna feel a bit surreal I think

I'm fine honestly
Original post by marioman
Results are sent to schools by exam boards electronically in computer-readable format. Schools load these results into their own databases which are used to generate and print the Statement of Results for each student. The school's software will also be able to generate a list of results by subject for use by teachers, as well as determine more general statistics (e.g. overall pass rate, number of students gaining each grade).

Ohh I always thought schools manually created each pupil's results slip so I always worried about them making a typo and it being wrong but I guess your saying this won't happen as it's all electronic ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by fefssdf
I'm fine honestly

Same...don't worry about it...:facepalm: 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CaitlinN15
Same...don't worry about it...:facepalm: 😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh trust me I will worry till it's the 18th and I've opened that envelope
Reply 1545
Results are sent to schools by exam boards electronically in computer-readable format. Schools load these results into their own databases which are used to generate and print the Statement of Results for each student. The school's software will also be able to generate a list of results by subject for use by teachers, as well as determine more general statistics (e.g. overall pass rate, number of students gaining each grade).

I always thought that results were mailed by courier (to protect from hacking?) so that's interesting.
Original post by fefssdf
I know right ; the wait is killing meeeee and I won't believe it when it actually arrives ; gonna feel a bit surreal I think

I guess that'd good, if you fail that is so you'll have a delayed panic attack?
Original post by fefssdf
Oh trust me I will worry till it's the 18th and I've opened that envelope

At least you get an envelope. . I get my results by text and it literally just says it like this for example

Name: Caitlin AAB

Not nice :///

Then I go onto online moodle and view all modules grades etc etc

My 18th is on the 20th and if it's bad grades then idk what I'll do 😂😂

Spoiler

I'll just get drunk regardless 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by fefssdf
Ohh I always thought schools manitallt crested each pupil's results slip so I always worried about them making a typo and it being wrong but I guess your saying this won't happen as it's all electronic ?

Original post by Aph
I always thought that results were mailed by courier (to protect from hacking?) so that's interesting.

It's all electronic. In the case of my old secondary school, it involved the Exams Officer staying up until 00:01 the day before results day to start the download of the results data on her laptop. Then, off to work in the morning in order to spend several hours printing results slips, putting them into envelopes, and extracting the overall results statistics to be shared with the headteacher/senior management. Then back into school the next morning to actually hand the envelopes out to students.

The actual transfer of results data is secure, and any school which leaks results to students before 06:00 on the actual results day risks losing their ability to get the results early in the future, meaning that you would have to wait even longer to actually open your envelope.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1548
I just read this article, and I've tried to start a thread on it, but I can't.
Check it out:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3713564/A-level-student-failed-examiners-revision-WhatsApp-group-joined-sent-questions-early.html
Original post by CaitlinN15
At least you get an envelope. . I get my results by text and it literally just says it like this for example

Name: Caitlin AAB

Not nice :///

Then I go onto online moodle and view all modules grades etc etc

My 18th is on the 20th and if it's bad grades then idk what I'll do 😂😂

Spoiler

I'll just get drunk regardless 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow that deep !
Original post by S1939
Check it out:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3713564/A-level-student-failed-examiners-revision-WhatsApp-group-joined-sent-questions-early.html

Is this the girl from TSR ?
Original post by S1939
Check it out:

How has that even managed to happen? The student should have sat the exam early and then been placed in isolation with an invigilator until they sat their next exam. It's entirely the individuals fault who sent the answers (how daft can you be) so I don't believe this girl should be penalised at all

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1552
Original post by fefssdf
Is this the girl from TSR ?

Yeah. She joined a whatapp group for A level Sociology
Reply 1553
It's all electronic. In the case of my old secondary school, it involved the Exams Officer staying up until 00:01 the day before results day to start the download of the results data on her laptop. Then, off to work in the morning in order to spend several hours printing results slips, putting them into envelopes, and extracting the overall results statistics to be shared with the headteacher/senior management. Then back into school the next morning to actually hand the envelopes out to students.

The actual transfer of results data is secure, and any school which leaks results to students before 06:00 on the actual results day risks losing their ability to get the results early in the future, meaning that you would have to wait even longer to actually open your envelope.

Has any school/university actually lost early results before?
And that's a very interesting (and labour intensive) prosess.
Reply 1554
Original post by Sacred Ground
How has that even managed to happen? The student should have sat the exam early and then been placed in isolation with an invigilator until they sat their next exam. It's entirely the individuals fault who sent the answers (how daft can you be) so I don't believe this girl should be penalised at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly! Yet, it's important to note whether group members had planned it. If she was penalised, it would only be fair if all the other members were penalised as well?
Original post by Sacred Ground

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree as she didn't expect to go on to the group chat to see people leaking questions !! And yes it is true that if you've sat an exam earlier then you're meant to be supervised at all times till everyone else has done the exam so how this person managed to get their phone out and leak the questions idk , and also why would you want to give others an advantage as it won't help you out at all
On results day, I'm either going to be crying in bed all day and refusing to leave the house for a week, or going out to the pub with friends. Shame only me and one other person of my main friendship group actually went to a sixth form... Lucky college kids, they don't have to deal with A level results.
Reply 1557
Original post by S1939
Check it out:

Clearly the school of the leaker failed (although he shouldn't have sat the exam early but late and then been kept in isolation over night if nessesary.)
She should just be made to resit IMO and this seems heavy handed.
Reply 1558
Original post by Aph
Clearly the school of the leaker failed (although he shouldn't have sat the exam early but late and then been kept in isolation over night if nessesary.)
She should just be made to resit IMO and this seems heavy handed.

I was made to think the school exam officer allocated you an invigilator for a day, if there was a time clash with your exams. How the school failed to do- I don't understand.Unless the candidate entered privately?
Either way, I agree with you. The punishment for the girl is too much, considering others who did were in the chat were not punished the same, unless they reported it beforehand- which I doubt.
Reply 1559
Original post by fefssdf
I agree as she didn't expect to go on to the group chat to see people leaking questions !! And yes it is true that if you've sat an exam earlier then you're meant to be supervised at all times till everyone else has done the exam so how this person managed to get their phone out and leak the questions idk , and also why would you want to give others an advantage as it won't help you out at all

altruism at its worst lol

Quick Reply

Latest