The Student Room Group

Explosion in Malmo, Sweden

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Profesh
Indeed; but since I'm not a prurient spectator of mayhem, projecting ultra-high-definition morbid wish-fulfilment onto every piecemeal scrap of geopolitical narrative like some demented, salivating news-harpy saddled with a permanent rage-boner, I can actually withhold judgement during the twenty-four or so hours generally required for a glut of forensic and editorial opinion to surface from the usual multitude of sources, and thereby avoid needlessly corroding what little goodwill remains between secular society and the 99.9% of moderate, peaceable muslims whose sons and daughters are increasingly liable to form the vanguard of an ISIS incursion when your bannermen start pre-emptively rounding them up and herding them into ghettoes for being a certain shade of brown.

But hey: don't let reason and civility ruin your hard-on.

Original post by TercioOfParma
Don't jump to conclusions. It is likely though.

That was uncalled for. But don't let you not reading the thread stand in the way of your self-righteous little rant.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Profesh
Indeed; but since I'm not a prurient spectator of mayhem, projecting ultra-high-definition morbid wish-fulfilment onto every piecemeal scrap of geopolitical narrative like some demented, salivating news-harpy saddled with a permanent rage-boner, I can actually withhold judgement during the twenty-four or so hours generally required for a glut of forensic and editorial opinion to surface from the usual multitude of sources, and thereby avoid needlessly corroding what little goodwill remains between secular society and the 99.9% of moderate, peaceable muslims whose sons and daughters are increasingly liable to form the vanguard of an ISIS incursion when your bannermen start pre-emptively rounding them up and herding them into ghettoes for being a certain shade of brown.

Are you going to give me a thoroughly verbose response or have I made you realise the error of your ways?
Original post by Profesh

Spit them lyrics our kid!
Original post by john2054

I can hear it already, it's feminist slam poetry.

Kid?
I think he is about 40
Original post by ODES_PDES
Kid?
I think he is about 40

i was using a euphemism. now you go and use a dictionary to check what that word means, okay?
i was using a euphemism. now you go and use a dictionary to check what that word means, okay?

Banter
Original post by Atlas Thugged
Probably just a culinary disaster. Someone's meatballs got burned.

You made me LOL :biggrin:

Spoiler

Are you going to give me a thoroughly verbose response or have I made you realise the error of your ways?

Funny; I rather hoped you'd realised your own and thought better of further indulging in this type of egregious Schadenfreude s**tshow, but no matter: my diatribe was prompted by your crass, hyperbolic and totally unwarranted invoking of the 2004 Chechen massacre.
Original post by Profesh
Funny; I rather hoped you'd realised your own and thought better of further indulging in this type of egregious Schadenfreude s**tshow, but no matter: my diatribe was prompted by your crass, hyperbolic and totally unwarranted invoking of the 2004 Chechen massacre.

You use a lot of big words for an idiot, did you go to Eton? I was deliberately contrasting an accidental explosion in an apartment complex with a deliberate explosion in an apartment complex, do you understand now or should I explain in Queen Victoria's English?

It was also in 1999, just to inform you.
(edited 7 years ago)

Keep your hair on.
You use a lot of big words for an idiot, did you go to Eton? I was deliberately contrasting the difference between an accidental explosion in an apartment complex with a deliberate explosion in an apartment complex, do you understand now or should I explain in Queen Victoria's English?

Yes, explosions certainly can happen under a variety of circumstances. Here's a gold sticker for your 'Countdown to Armageddon' wall-planner; hopefully it doesn't combust from the heat of your mounting sexual excitement at the wholly indeterminate "likelihood" of a fresh mass-murder.
Original post by Profesh
Yes, explosions certainly can happen under a variety of circumstances. Here's a gold sticker for your 'Countdown to Armageddon' wall-planner; hopefully it doesn't combust from the heat of your mounting sexual excitement at the wholly indeterminate "likelihood" of a fresh mass-murder.

I love how you're strawmanning somebody. Tell me, have you had a bad day? Are you looking to white knight for a non-existing issue that you have created?

How does it feel writing such overly verbose posts to express such simple and irrelevant ideas?
Original post by ODES_PDES
Keep your hair on.

Euphemism = synonym. Or at least will suffice for the purpose of this conversation!
It was also in 1999, just to inform you.

I guess I was referring to the other Chechen terror attack that killed 200 people.

Well, I guess the one I was referring to was different. What you were referencing was irrelevant, as I wrote the post.
I love how you're strawmanning somebody. Tell me, have you had a bad day? Are you looking to white knight for a non-existing issue that you have created?

How does it feel writing such overly verbose posts to express such simple and irrelevant ideas?

You learn about an explosion of as-yet unidentified origin in Sweden and immediately surmise terrorism as "likely", then, on being presented with an equally plausible and far more common (if disappointingly mundane) alternative scenario, leap to cite one of the most prolific massacres in recent history "for contrast". Your "issue" is acutely self-evident, and your fascination with potential human suffering to the wholesale detriment of reason, self-restraint and socially-responsible conduct has the character of a pervasive psychological disorder; but I'll leave you to puzzle that out with someone who's actually paid for the privilege.
Original post by Profesh
You learn about an explosion of as-yet unidentified origin in Sweden and immediately surmise terrorism as "likely", then, on being presented with an equally plausible and far more common (if disappointingly mundane) alternative scenario, leap to cite one of the most prolific massacres in recent history "for contrast". Your "issue" is acutely self-evident, and your fascination with potential human suffering to the wholesale detriment of reason, self-restraint and socially-responsible conduct has the character of a pervasive psychological disorder; but I'll leave you to puzzle that out with someone who's actually paid for the privilege.

Why would Russia today report on something like that if there wasn't adequate suspicion?

Saying likely doesn't mean I am automatically saying the Muslims did it, the inability to recognise that shows that you clearly cannot think before virtue signalling.

Where do you get any of the fascination with human suffering thing from? Do you fantasise that everybody who doesn't agree with you is evil? You're like if Kevin Logan swallowed a dictionary.

I wouldn't be surprised if you were trolling.
(edited 7 years ago)
Why would Russia today report on something like that if there wasn't adequate suspicion?

Oh, Christ alive. Poe's Law is real here.
Original post by Profesh
Oh, Christ alive. Poe's Law is real here.

A little bit rich coming from you. What about all the other news stations?

Quick Reply