The Student Room Group

finding a university that I can get into

I am an american wanting to go to university in the Uk. I am planning to transfer out of my current university after I complete my first year. I am a computer science major and I am taking Intro to Coding (I am fully capable of getting a high grade in this course along with my 3 other courses i am taking). I received a 3.1 cumulative Gpa in high school, a 25 on my ACT, and a 1800 on my SAT. I am finding it very difficult finding universities in britain that would be a good fit for me. anything helps!
Reply 1
Original post by elliott18picone
I am an american wanting to go to university in the Uk. I am planning to transfer out of my current university after I complete my first year. I am a computer science major and I am taking Intro to Coding (I am fully capable of getting a high grade in this course along with my 3 other courses i am taking). I received a 3.1 cumulative Gpa in high school, a 25 on my ACT, and a 1800 on my SAT. I am finding it very difficult finding universities in britain that would be a good fit for me. anything helps!

Best thing to do is to email universities that interests you and asking whether or not you meet their criteria to apply (I'm guessing you won't be able to transfer, but rather apply for the 1st year).
Original post by kkboyk
Best thing to do is to email universities that interests you and asking whether or not you meet their criteria to apply (I'm guessing you won't be able to transfer, but rather apply for the 1st year).

so you're saying that i would have to start college all over again as a first year student if i were to switch schools my second year into college?
so you're saying that i would have to start college all over again as a first year student if i were to switch schools my second year into college?

Possibly but UK uni is so very different to the USA no things like additional English or language classes all classes are related to your degree getting a 1 or 2:1 is a good thing and it's 3 years not 4 it's just because of the different system that's why

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jonathanemptage
Possibly but UK uni is so very different to the USA no things like additional English or language classes all classes are related to your degree getting a 1 or 2:1 is a good thing and it's 3 years not 4 it's just because of the different system that's why

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks! thats really helpful!!! :smile:
Reply 5

Its very likely you will have to do year 1 again, especially since you go to a uni at a different country. The best thing to do is to contact them and ask (as each uni have different criteria)
Original post by kkboyk
Its very likely you will have to do year 1 again, especially since you go to a uni at a different country. The best thing to do is to contact them and ask (as each uni have different criteria)

yikes.... hahaha thanks for the info!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending