The Student Room Group

JobCentre cost me dream job!!

I applied to my dream job at a company in LA, and I got the response back that I didn't get the job because "My "agent", The British Department of Work and Pensions acted inappropriately towards the Human Resources Office by acting in a manner received as overly invasive after the Company refused to disclose information regarding the confidential intellectual property belonging to the Company."

This was the one job I finally had a chance to apply to that would be my career starter. I was applying against nearly 1000 other applicants and was shortlisted after managing to use my personal networks to make contact and put through a personal statement to someone on the recruitment team, and now I get this response. I don't even know what to say. At the moment, I'm just in shock.
(edited 7 years ago)
Wtf?? That is some absolute bs right there. Do you think you could take this up to a higher rank and have them investigate? Like file a complaint at least. I wouldn't know what to do either tbh, but some prick from that "agency" just ****ed up your dream simply because he was feeling slightly irritable that day! Not only is that utterly unacceptable but it's extremely inconsiderate. Whoever did that should be fking fired. Maybe you should talk to the people in LA and ask them to give you proof or something so that you can show it to the department yourself, hopefully with the email of that ****er there. Best of luck to you man..
Reply 2
Original post by Poldark00
I applied to my dream job at a company in LA, and I got the response back that I didn't get the job because "My "agent", The British Department of Work and Pensions acted inappropriately towards the Human Resources Office by acting in a manner received as overly invasive after the Company refused to disclose information regarding the confidential intellectual property belonging to the Company."

This was the one job I finally had a chance to apply to that would be my career starter. I was applying against nearly 1000 other applicants and was shortlisted after managing to use my personal networks to make contact and put through a personal statement to someone on the recruitment team, and now I get this response. I don't even know what to say. At the moment, I'm just in shock.

I'd get proof and sue the ****ers for incompetence

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Andy98
I'd get proof and sue the ****ers for incompetence

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll certainly stand by the OP if they do that. :yep:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending