The Student Room Group

If you're a virgin do you tell them?

So if you've never had sex do you tell that person or act like you know what you're doing?

Scroll to see replies

Tell them,
Original post by Anonymous
So if you've never had sex do you tell that person or act like you know what you're doing?

Yes, honestly young people are so caught up in being a virgin or not it doesn't matter it's not important.

It's important to make sure you wait until you're ready and not for 'reputation'. It's seen as brilliant for guys if you're a girl and prize to capture to make a girl lose their virginity if you're a boy. One day, when you're married and had kids, you'll think why did I waste so much time on this. Don't be an prize to catch by making someone lose your virginity and don't feel pressured by friends to do it. Wait until the right moment and tell them 100% fully i'm a virgin. Good luck :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Tell them. I made the mistake of lying about it and even though I did end up losing my virginity, I also lost the girl too because I wasn't honest. If the other person cares about you then it won't matter to them if you're a virgin or not.
(edited 7 years ago)

Honesty is always the best policy as my parents would say.

I told my current partner that I was a virgin. He didn't mind so much because he thought it was 'innocent' of me not sleeping around.

Think of this way, if you cheat on your partner, would you lie to them about it?
Reply 5
Yes. If you're a girl there is absolutely no stigma. If you a guy what the hell too. It's sort of a complement offering up someone your cherry. And if they've done it before they can show you the ropes more readily.
Reply 6
i remember when i was a virgin. we was on the school bus talking about it and when i answered, they all laughed at me :/
Reply 7
Original post by shawtyb
i remember when i was a virgin. we was on the school bus talking about it and when i answered, they all laughed at me :/

They were laughing because you were a virgin or because you weren't?

Assuming you're a guy, you don't say anything. Just don't bring it up and if asked say maybe, flash a cheeky smile and move on to the next topic.

Confidence and sexual flirting kinda implies that you are experienced. Even if you're not, people would assume it :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by cvslfc123
Tell them. I made the mistake of lying about it and even though I did end up losing my virginity, I also lost the girl too because I wasn't honest. If the other person cares about you then it won't matter to them if you're a virgin or not.

How did she find out if you don't mind me asking?
It's often written all over your face.
Original post by shawtyb

stupid
Original post by Sisuphos
They were laughing because you were a virgin or because you weren't?

because i was a virgin

Original post by elmosandy
stupid

me or them?
Reply 13
Because mine was drunken I just sorta went with it; but she already knew from conversations we'd had in college

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yes, of course, why virginity is seen as a bad thing amongst us males is beyond me. I know lots of females who wished they lost their virginity with the right man.

Telling someone that you're a virgin is a sign of honesty and trust, two foundations of a healthy relationship.
I didn't tell my girlfriend I was a virgin purely because I thought she wouldn't want to pursue anything if I was, and thought it was embarrasing for my age (I was 17.. Though turning down opportunities to lose it at an earlier date.)

She quickly could tell it was my first time and discussed that she would of preferred to know as would of been a lot more understanding.

Moral - always be honest, because that night could of gone a lot smoother if I had been. :smile:
Original post by UWS
How did she find out if you don't mind me asking?

It was a buildup of great distress in my head due to things like performance issues and negative comments she kept making about virgins. When we finally did manage to do it I didn't last long. The embarrassment this caused made me crack and tell her everything. She seemed to take it well but after I left her place she messaged me saying she couldn't trust me and then ended it. I was only dating her for a couple of weeks but at the time it was the closest I'd had to a girlfriend so it hurt a lot.

It was a lesson learned though as 6 months later I met an even better girl, who I was completely honest with and she is now my girlfriend. So I would fully recommend being honest :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by shawtyb
because i was a virgin

me or them?

them!
Original post by elmosandy
them!

i know right!!
Original post by shawtyb
i know right!!

How old were you?

Quick Reply