The Student Room Group

Why are there so many misconceptions about BLM??

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KillaryKlinton
Did those 1400 girls groomed by lets face it Muslim sex gangs lives matter?

Where were the protests over that? oh right, you buried your heads in the sand, you don't care

The only people who protested against it of course were the far-right and of course they are called far-right, because they actually care about what is being done to their own people

Note that I said Muslim, not Asian. A lot of media report them as Asian sex gangs but nearly all of them are of Pakistani descent and Muslim. I don't think it's fair on Asian people to be smeared like that.

er… this is specifically BLM

and the majority of people who campaign for black lives do actually care about others too?? Where did we say that only black lives matter?

this campaign is merely a specific retaliation against systematic racism, and the inherent problems with the police, whether you like it or not.

and the only reason people don’t know about these sex gangs, is unfaithful media representation, oh look the same media that defames the intentions of BLM :biggrin:
Original post by joecphillips
That is because white privilege doesn't exist it is excuse used for failure.
What is said about the individual cases saying that a racial bias in police shootings have been proven wrong just like BLM's hands up don't shoot rhetoric. http://www.nber.org/papers/w22399

Do you not see a connection to Obama saying the police are racist and the next day a black man killing multiple officers in Dallas and the latest spike in cop killings?

HI,

Nice to meet you,

ps reevaluate you what mean by white privilege because
pps white privilege is a thing
Original post by unknowntsr
HI,

Nice to meet you,

ps reevaluate you what mean by white privilege because
pps white privilege is a thing

image.jpeg
Original post by YaliaV
People have dealt with the other issues. I think African Americans have a huge chip on their shoulder in general and they're determined to blame other people for all of their problems. If a black person dares to criticise the accepted status quo, they are called a "coon". I think it's ridiculous and I've lost all sympathy for black people in America.

i don’t think anyone can really say that black people put the chip on their own shoulders? Don’t you think if you forced someone to live in a constructed society with the odds not in their favour, people would want to speak out against this?

and that is realllllly not the meaning of ‘coon’ thats so ridiculous, even wikipedia is a better source than your explanation. :biggrin:
image.jpeg

yes, because only white cis men are homeless!
how are you even using a meme in this thread?
Original post by caravaggio2
Go on YT and put in BLM violence.
What you see may be what is turning people away from your organisation.

tbf that's like saying search muslim violence to see why no one should be muslim. What a few idiots do shouldn't turn you away.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by unknowntsr
yes, because only white cis men are homeless!
how are you even using a meme in this thread?

It doesn't say that only white cis males are homeless but if they have this mythical privilege how can they be homeless? Using the idea of privilege takes away the individual and circumstances that lead to the situation people find themselves in, whites are more likely to be privileged but it isn't white privilege it is class and Asians are even more likely to have this privilege in the USA.

My theory is that it links to single parents homes mostly as Asians have the least single parent homes, crime and police shootings and the highest incomes, then comes whites, Hispanics and at the other end comes blacks. This link can be seen in each demographic as well.

What do you mean how am I using a meme?
(edited 7 years ago)
It doesn't say that only white cis males are homeless but if they have this mythical privilege how can they be homeless? Using the idea of privilege takes away the individual and circumstances that lead to the situation people find themselves in, whites are more likely to be privileged but it isn't white privilege it is class and Asians are even more likely to have this privilege in the USA.

My theory is that it links to single parents homes mostly as Asians have the least single parent homes, crime and police shootings and the highest incomes, then comes whites, Hispanics and at the other end comes blacks. This link can be seen in each demographic as well.

What do you mean how am I using a meme?

hi, white privilege is not the ability to own a house, or have a nuclear family.

its systematic, historical, institutional and scientific prejudice that manifests itself is various, more wide eating ways.

if you have any other questions about what white privilege is, (if you don’t know how to use google) then hmu
http://www.nber.org/digest/sep03/w9873.html

"Job applicants with white names needed to send about 10 resumes to get one callback; those with African-American names needed to send around 15 resumes to get one callback."

These were people with the same qualifications, for those of you harping on about Black people supposedly benefiting from "positive discrimination".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending