The Student Room Group

If you're a virgin do you tell them?

Scroll to see replies

You don't have to tell them your a virgin, as long as you don't say you're not a virgin.
Original post by elmosandy
How old were you?

probably 14 i think
Original post by shawtyb
probably 14 i think

Imagine, 2013 15 year olds were getting slaughted for being non-virgins... how old are you know?
Imagine, 2013 15 year olds were getting slaughted for being non-virgins... how old are you know?

im 23 now :smile:
some of those who laughed...were younger!!
depends how old you are
if you were a late bloomer such as myself, having sex at 20 to a one night stand, then no
if you're an early bloomer then it doesn't hurt
Original post by shawtyb
im 23 now :smile:
some of those who laughed...were younger!!

Was gonna say,

Must have been from a different time then, but seriously said you lost your cherry two/three years ago you were ripped apart ( luckily I waited until I was 16 though )
Yeah I'd tell them!
There's nothing wrong with the being a virgin, in theory it shows you've got self respect as you're not going round having sex with everyone.
Losing your virginity is not a competition and you should wait until the right time!
I think you'll regret it otherwise.
I've not lost mine yet but I'm waiting for the right time as I want it to be special for us both (even if she isn't one).
Original post by sleepysnooze
depends how old you are
if you were a late bloomer such as myself, having sex at 20, then no
if you're an early bloomer then it doesn't hurt

My first time hurt and I was 16 ( seriously it lasted 30 seconds because it hurt to much.)
Was gonna say,

Must have been from a different time then, but seriously said you lost your cherry two/three years ago you were ripped apart ( luckily I waited until I was 16 though )

i know, its all backwards :/
My first time hurt and I was 16 ( seriously it lasted 30 seconds because it hurt to much.)

I lasted about 30 seconds too because I was so drunk and she wasn't wet and I just wasn't really feeling it (so I couldn't get very hard). I was drinking because I wasn't feeling up to it in the first place and I wanted to get into the mood, but it wasn't working. she was extremely attractive but I think there comes a point where if a guy and a girl know each other for a little too long and nothing has happened yet, then when it finally does happen, it doesn't feel right...but I'm going off on a tangent here - she was a lot younger than me (well, 3.5 years felt like a lot to me) so I thought "oh, she'll think I'm a loser if I say I'm a virgin" and ultimately that in my head was a good choice because she wasn't anything special to me so why would I let her know something like that when it might just make things more awkward? it *was* already awkward and I'm glad she doesn't know anybody I know and that the story isn't going anywhere lol
Original post by sleepysnooze
I lasted about 30 seconds too because I was so drunk and she wasn't wet and I just wasn't really feeling it (so I couldn't get very hard). I was drinking because I wasn't feeling up to it in the first place and I wanted to get into the mood, but it wasn't working. she was extremely attractive but I think there comes a point where if a guy and a girl know each other for a little too long and nothing has happened yet, then when it finally does happen, it doesn't feel right...but I'm going off on a tangent here - she was a lot younger than me (well, 3.5 years felt like a lot to me) so I thought "oh, she'll think I'm a loser if I say I'm a virgin" and ultimately that in my head was a good choice because she wasn't anything special to me so why would I let her know something like that when it might just make things more awkward? it *was* already awkward and I'm glad she doesn't know anybody I know and that the story isn't going anywhere lol

Ahhh that's the thing when you get drunk ( great tip for the future ) your performance goes down, appreantly you can't if you're really drunk do anything down there at all, it just ****s up the system ( which is why cheating is not an excuse when you're ****ing drunk!!!) Partners have to carry up their men to bed and leave them their when they're just gone.

" oh, she'll think I'm a loser if I say i'm a virgin " yeah this is the problem, people get too caught up with this, don't feel like that, she wont care if shes worth anything and chances are you'll feel better doing it at the right time ( wish I could have followed my own advice though, did it because I felt forced, not because I cared baout being a virgin)
Original post by Anonymous
So if you've never had sex do you tell that person or act like you know what you're doing?

Definitely tell them, because that way if/once you decide to get intimate with them, they will know to take it a bit slower, make you feel comfortable and be more understanding of its not perfectly smooth going etc

Quick Reply

Latest