The Student Room Group

GUYS - why do guys stare from a distance then look away when you look back

This has happened to me a lot recently, but in particular with a guy I now like. Does he like me and is he shy (in which case I will talk to him), or is it something else?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Cicilaw
This has happened to me a lot recently, but in particular with a guy I now like. Does he like me and is he shy (in which case I will talk to him), or is it something else?

If he's really staring, then that can't be bad.
But no matter what, the one thing you can't afford to do, is to NOT talk to him.
Some guys need a little help, especially the shy ones. They may find it hard gathering the courage, or even fear rejection as they're not sure whether the interest is mutual.
Maybe this particular guy uses staring as a way of communicating interest (as odd as that may seem). But you should break the ice instead of just waiting. You need to find out. You owe it to yourself
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
I'd say he is probably attracted to you. Don't see why else a guy would stare lol. No harm in finding out.
You probably have some food on your face left over from lunch time
Original post by Marshall Taylor

This is what I always assume when I see people looking at me xD

OP, it sounds like he's into you.
Attracted. Either doesn't want to be caught staring, is shy, or just instinctively looks away.
Reply 6
Original post by Cicilaw

We do that so girls will make threads on TSR about us.
Original post by Cicilaw

He is attracted to you. He looks away because he doesnt want to be accosted for rape
Reply 8

oh my gosh, thank youu!!! it was my nesquik moustache from lunchtime five days ago! i can't believe no one told me until now
Original post by Cicilaw
oh my gosh, thank youu!!! it was my nesquik moustache from lunchtime five days ago! i can't believe no one told me until now

I knew it!!! No problem, I'm here for another 30 minutes if you need any more advice.

Spoiler

either he's attracted to you
or wants to murder you
according to science
hopefully the former
Original post by Cicilaw

If ur hot even if he wasnt looking at u and u talk to him u can get him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most likely a crush, I do it all the time to really attractive girls - but they never look back :colonhash:

:toofunny:
(edited 7 years ago)
I stare at people because my natural instincts make me do it and I always fear people thinking I fancy them....I do it to anyone :frown:
Reply 14
Original post by Justtryingtolive
If ur hot even if he wasnt looking at u and u talk to him u can get him.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm kind of scared that he might have a gf or something.... maybe that's why he doesn't want to make eye contact. I know now he likes me, but either he has a gf or he thinks I don't like him....AAABRIBRRENFONFOWNORRRGHH!
because we're looking at ass or tits so we have to look away when caught
I've wondered this aswell, I was hugging a male friend at work and I felt someone's eyes lingering on me, I looked around and it was this kitchen guy who had asked me out a year or so prior to this. When he saw me looking at him he looked shocked and then he quickly glanced at the floor.
Reply 17

Most likely a crush, I do it all the time to really attractive girls - but they never look back

aww...
Reply 18
Original post by Virgil.
We do that so girls will make threads on TSR about us.

TSRian guys aren't that thirsty:biggrin:

Anyways a true TSRian would have more game.:colone:
Original post by Allie4
aww...

The honest truth ahaha, never mind! :h:

Quick Reply