The Student Room Group

German who works with refugees describes his experience

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingBradly
Even the supposedly good parts of the Qu'ran tell its followers to do good deeds only for God, rendering all acts as completely lacking any altruism or compassion. There is nothing good about the religion.

Original post by The Roast

Spoiler

Tbh i'm with you guys ( on views of islam). Ngl I hate when people say not all muslims!!!!!!!!!!!! ( it's like preaching #alllivesmatter ). But yeah, I think you're just knit-picking tbh, Like communism, Islam, in it's purest form is a great religion:smile: but I look with disgust when black people convert to it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by elmosandy
Actually, the religion islam is actually peaceful.
Clear nonsense to anyone who has read the Quran and sunnah.
They contain many passages that permit, encourage or prescribe violence against various people for a variety of reasons.
Saying that "Islam is a religion of peace" is like saying that "Sunday lunch is a meal of meat". Yes, it contains meat, but it also contains a lot of vegetables that are an integral part of the meal, without which it cannot be described as "Sunday lunch".

It's the Wahabbi doctrine culture ( which muslims aren't doing to stop and is practiced by many muslims as they love the culture more than pure islam itself . Such as arranged marriage, etc ( various degrees some practice forced relationships, others honor killings, etc )
Forced marriages and honour killings are not the issue. Thay are not part of Islamic ideology.
It is the stuff like slavery, sex slaves, wife beating, death for opponents of Islam, gender discrimination, religious oppression. Stuff that is actually in the Quran (the perfect and unchangeable word of god), and that "exremist" groups like ISIS are doing.

Islam in it's purest from is a great religion.
No it isn't. It needs to be heavily cherry-picked to remove the unacceptable. The fact that the majority of Muslims do this is a good thing. Can you imagine what the world would be like if every Muslim took Islam as literally and seriously as ISIS do?
Original post by oShahpo
What I don't understand is why are we trying to integrate them?

What you don't understand is that Merkel's plan is for them to be the new German workforce, and their plan is to live the good life in a western country. They are highly likely to be given German citizenship and be able to live out their days in a ghetto in Europe. This is their intention. Many aren't even genuine refugees - they are economic migrants.

Complete integration is paramount.
[QUOTE="QE2;66653434"]Clear nonsense to anyone who has read the Quran and sunnah.
They contain many passages that permit, encourage or prescribe violence against various people for a variety of reasons.
Saying that "Islam is a religion of peace" is like saying that "Sunday lunch is a meal of meat". Yes, it contains meat, but it also contains a lot of vegetables that are an integral part of the meal, without which it cannot be described as "Sunday lunch".

Quote them.

Forced marriages and honour killings are not the issue. Thay are not part of Islamic ideology.

That's my point???????????????? the point the nasty practices going out in the islamic culture aren't even in the islamic ideology as you put it. It's the Wahabbi culture . And the culture is taking over the religion. It's like saying #alllivesmatter when saying not all muslims!!! Not all muslims are, / but this is still going on in the islamic society/but that's not the point. I don't ( because I believe the QURAN is peaceful ) think that forced marriages and honour killings are separate from islam, because they aren't

It is the stuff like slavery, sex slaves, wife beating, death for opponents of Islam, gender discrimination, religious oppression. Stuff that is actually in the Quran (the perfect and unchangeable word of god), and that "exremist" groups like ISIS are doing.
Quote.
No it isn't. It needs to be heavily cherry-picked to remove the unacceptable. The fact that the majority of Muslims do this is a good thing. Can you imagine what the world would be like if every Muslim took Islam as literally and seriously as ISIS do?

I still think it's knit-picking. I agree with you to a certain extent, but when I tried to explain this to someone on here a year ago they said, muhammed raped a nine year old child, which he did, but seriously is has got nothing and doesn't contribute to extermism.
I still think it's knit-picking.

No. Nit-picking would be pointing out that you used "knit" instead of "nit".

Islam was obviously deliberately and painstakingly created by a mediaeval warlord who wanted to control his superstitious followers and get them to fight his battles for him. It worked. Enough said. You don't get much more violent than that.

Unfortunately they were so superstitious that they continue to believe it, despite the advances of modern thought and science that tell them it is all nonsense.
Original post by Good bloke
No. Nit-picking would be pointing out that you used "knit" instead of "nit".

Islam was obviously deliberately and painstakingly created by a mediaeval warlord who wanted to control his superstitious followers and get them to fight his battles for him. It worked. Enough said. You don't get much more violent than that.

Unfortunately they were so superstitious that they continue to believe it, despite the advances of modern thought and science that tell them it is all nonsense.

It's just a hyperbole ( I think anyway, not the correct term but I guess you see what point i'm trying to make ).

I still stick to my beliefs. Tbh I agree more with where the islamophobics are coming from, i'm on their side, just think the islam is pure, like communism, but reality, not only it doesn't work out that way, they may be both pure, but they're not being praticed in that way. :smile:
Reply 26
I've worked with refugees and that is opposite to my experience. They came from some of the most violent countries in the world, told stories you couldn't imagine, which is why they were here, and yet were some of the most polite and respectful people I have met. Maybe they act different outside of the office setting, who knows. There were zero incidents with clothing, jewelry as you describe and they were happy to have female translators and female workers. They were very grateful for help, and were very happy to take offers of groups they could attend. Some of them even volunteer at those groups, most of them have skills and ambitions.
The main things preventing integration would be language skills - they came here as refugees fleeing persecution so did not have good English in most cases, and in some cases could not read or write in their own language. They were not allowed to work and this would sometimes be the case for years, so are really poor and in some cases couldn't afford the bus fare to go to classes or groups.
I felt very sorry for them.
It's just a hyperbole ( I think anyway, not the correct term but I guess you see what point i'm trying to make ).

I still stick to my beliefs. Tbh I agree more with where the islamophobics are coming from, i'm on their side, just think the islam is pure, like communism, but reality, not only it doesn't work out that way, they may be both pure, but they're not being praticed in that way. :smile:

You haven't read the Koran, have you?
Shocked i tell you, shocked. I never predicted numerous times that by importing third world culture and tribalism, we would get third world beliefs, and tribalism :redface:

I just thought that cos we are all human, once they stepped over the imaginary border lines into Europia, they would become liberal tolerant Europians
(edited 7 years ago)
You haven't read the Koran, have you?

Last time I try to reason with someone they said ' muhammed was a child peadophile , nine year old child marriage.' He did, and I fully support where he's coming from but this does not contribute to extremism i'm sorry.

Anyways, it like I can't have two different opinions at once, I agree with you, ultimately, I think notallmuslims is like saying alllivesmatter. They do, but it's a **** excuse ennit?
Last time I try to reason with someone they said ' muhammed was a child peadophile , nine year old child marriage.' He did, and I fully support where he's coming from but this does not contribute to extremism i'm sorry.

Anyways, it like I can't have two different opinions at once, I agree with you, ultimately, I think notallmuslims is like saying alllivesmatter. They do, but it's a **** excuse ennit?

But have you read the Koran?
Original post by Betelgeuse-
Shocked i tell you, shocked. I never predicted numerous times that by importing third world culture and tribalism, we would get third world beliefs, and tribalism :redface:

I just thought that cos we are all human, once they stepped over the imaginary border lines into Europia, they would become liberal tolerant Europians

Love your user photo bubs <3

But have you read the Koran?

Bits on google and what not. Anyways, like I said, I still think, to this day, it's knit-picking. :smile:(: Muhammed being a peadophile has nothing to do with extremism. Bye
: Muhammed being a peadophile has nothing to do with extremism. Bye

I agree. But your claim that Islam is a lovely religion flies in the face of the monstrosities that parts of the Koran calls for. That is the cause of extremism.
I agree. But your claim that Islam is a lovely religion flies in the face of the monstrosities that parts of the Koran calls for. That is the cause of extremism.

Wahabbi culture was made by some man who ignored parts of his faith,.

Honestly, lets agree koran or not, the religion being peaceful is an irrelevant statement, just like #alllivesmatter. It's just an excuse to distract attention from the bombings and make excuses for any muslim from any blame based on their actions. I think I like the koran, but ultimately 100% I agree with you :smile: deal?
I think I like the koran

You haven't read the important bits then.
You haven't read the important bits then.

LIKE I SAID
I've read bits from google.

Anyways, agree to disagree.

Or agree to agree, whether it's good or bad, the koran is irrelevant. Ye?
Reply 36
I still think it's knit-picking. I agree with you to a certain extent, but when I tried to explain this to someone on here a year ago they said, muhammed raped a nine year old child, which he did, but seriously is has got nothing and doesn't contribute to extermism.
Muhammad's moral and practical example is a different issue.

You claimed that Islam was a religion of peace, and in its purest form, a "great religion".
This is clearly and demonstrably not true.

In fact, it is people who implement it in its "purest form" (ie. without allowing any modernisation, revision or dilution to make it more compatible with 21st century secular morality) who represent the "extremist" interpretation.

Example:
The Quran gives permission for Muslims to have sex with their female slaves. Muhammad confirms this in the sunnah.
The majority of Muslims would reject sex slaves as medieval barbarism (one would hope). ISIS practice it because it is permitted in the Quran and by Muhammad in sahih hadith.

So, who is following Islam in its "purest form"? Those who insist that the word of Allah is perfect, final, and unchangable by men?
Or those who claim that men can overrule what Allah has made halal and make it haram?
the koran is irrelevant. Ye?

No. It is the single largest influence on Islamists.
Has anyone ever said a moderate nazi?
Last time I try to reason with someone they said ' muhammed was a child peadophile , nine year old child marriage.' He did, and I fully support where he's coming from but this does not contribute to extremism i'm sorry

Well, it does because men all around the world are marrying young girls on the basis of this action.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending