The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Either you've had some weird, incredibly expectant partners, or my girlfriend's weird for not doing any of that, or I'm weird for not expecting her to do any of that.

The independence is what I miss the most about being single.
Reply 101
Original post by Drunk Punx
Yeah, coming up to 3 years. I love being with her, but I miss having space and being able to make decisions about my life without the worry of it impacting someone else.

I understand that - sometimes I wish to just play on my PS4 and not have to worry about texting anyone and just chill, but normally she's okay about that! :colondollar:
Original post by FireFreezer77
Then fail the next 7 times
I'm 5"10 have, no social skills, am ugly, have spots and have mental illnesses x 3
But that's because you're awesome!
Nah, people have told me to my face I'll never get a girlfriend. Can't be all me.

Just ignore all the idiots, you'll get someone, don't worry. Stop putting yourself down so much. Relationships aren't all that anyway. Better to be single than be in a bad relationship that isn't suited for you, (it's backed up by science)
Either you've had some weird, incredibly expectant partners, or my girlfriend's weird for not doing any of that, or I'm weird for not expecting her to do any of that.

The independence is what I miss the most about being single.

This is TSR, everyone is weird!
Original post by chocolatesauce
x

Damn giiiirrrrll I don't think you've got enough requirements there why not add a few more?
Original post by eden3
With all those requirements you better be a 10/10 with a boatload to offer.

Preech et lawd eden preech et
I'm guessing you edited your post before I could reply, but my reason for missing the independence is the same reason you have for enjoying it. I miss being responsible solely for myself.

I mean, she's inherently responsible for herself in the same way that I am for myself, but not being able to immediately tell people that I'll chill out with them when they ask me because I've got to ask her about it first (my girlfriend's tricky, and it's not her fault; social anxiety is a god damn minefield within which she doesn't like being apart from me but doesn't like attending social events with me, which makes for rather... complex discussions on the matter of my being social) totally sucks.
Recently out of a relationship. Lost my sense of who I am. Got depressed. Wasn't worth it in the end lel. Prefer being independent and worrying about my self tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm guessing you edited your post before I could reply, but my reason for missing the independence is the same reason you have for enjoying it. I miss being responsible solely for myself.

I mean, she's inherently responsible for herself in the same way that I am for myself, but not being able to immediately tell people that I'll chill out with them when they ask me because I've got to ask her about it first (my girlfriend's tricky, and it's not her fault; social anxiety is a god damn minefield within which she doesn't like being apart from me but doesn't like attending social events with me, which makes for rather... complex discussions on the matter of my being social) totally sucks.

I did, because I realised my question was a stupid question to ask and I didn't read your post properly first time

It sucks when your partner wants to know everything about you and where you're going aswell, it's just nice to be able to do anything you want whenever you want, isn't it? I do sometimes get lonely but 90% of the time I'm content
Reply 109
Original post by donutellme
Preech et lawd eden preech et

LAWD donutellme I'mmm dun with ma sermonnn mayyyne... ain't nobody listenin mayne... but...

can i get an AMMEEEEEEEN
Reply 110
Original post by FireFreezer77
Then fail the next 7 times
I'm 5"10 have, no social skills, am ugly, have spots and have mental illnesses x 3
But that's because you're awesome!
Nah, people have told me to my face I'll never get a girlfriend. Can't be all me.

:frown: I know exactly how you feel. I have nearly all those things you mentioned. Yeah people have told me too man. It's hard to have any hope anymore.... all I hear is the same optimistic BS... they don't understand....
Original post by eden3
:frown: I know exactly how you feel. I have nearly all those things you mentioned. Yeah people have told me too man. It's hard to have any hope anymore.... all I hear is the same optimistic BS... they don't understand....

He didn't mention gains tho

Original post by eden3
LAWD donutellme I'mmm dun with ma sermonnn mayyyne... ain't nobody listenin mayne... but...

can i get an AMMEEEEEEEN

AYMEENNNNN

Lawd eden, I gots to tell you somthin, I gots to...

Don't lose hope mayne... don't lose hope mayne....

Tawk to me mayne tawk to me
it's a work in progress, dw more will be added x
Original post by eden3
With all those requirements you better be a 10/10 with a boatload to offer.

of course I am, it works both ways :u:
Reply 114
it's a work in progress, dw more will be added x

101) Is TSR's favourite long-haired Welsh dude

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
of course I am, it works both ways :u:

lmfao
Original post by RobML
101) Is TSR's favourite long-haired Welsh dude

Posted from TSR Mobile

age is just a number, jail is just a place
Reply 116
Original post by donutellme
He didn't mention gains tho

AYMEENNNNN

Lawd eden, I gots to tell you somthin, I gots to...

Don't lose hope mayne... don't lose hope mayne....

Tawk to me mayne tawk to me

:lol: eyy you rite mayne, you rite... demmm gaiiinnzz is dere. Look at dem SHOOOOULLLDAAHHHSS yeeeeeeeaaaa look at tha striations on that *****

ay u right LAWD Donutellme.

I gots to say positive mayynnne... for some sweet walls YYEEEeaahhhhh
Reply 117
Original post by eden3
lmfao

age is just a number, jail is just a place

jailed for popping a cap in your ass fam
Reply 118
Original post by RobML
jailed for popping a cap in your ass fam

u want sum m8?
Well i try to but its so hard when theres so many of them! Well i hope so tbh!
Why, im just repeating what others have said.
Well thats true! Bad relationships defo arent good for anyone, so i agree with you amd science there!