The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Raiola the big winner this summer.
Original post by SirAlexFerguson
So the Pogba deal about to happen....

Good to get one over Real Madrid and the fee is 92m after add ons which is not quite 100m. If he plays well then I'm not going to complain :smile:

I don't think you're getting one over them lol. They have two better Central midfielders right now and don't need Pogba. :lol:
Original post by Malevolent
I don't think you're getting one over them lol. They have two better Central midfielders right now and don't need Pogba. :lol:

Strong flirting
Juventus aren't far off, they got a player for 300k, he played great for them while he developed, and they are now looking at getting a hundred million in return for their 'sacrifice'.
Original post by Zayn is Bae
Strong flirting

Christ man does everything you say have to be so weird? :lol:
Original post by Malevolent
Christ man does everything you say have to be so weird? :lol:

I'd report him tbh
"Lol at United not selling DDG while they had the chance, stupid fans and club"

:rofl:
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Keep it in your pants.

(edited 7 years ago)
Strong formatting
pogba is certainly exciting..

The fee seems a lot to me.. but then what do you guys care? Money is not exactly a problem for united, so it does not really matter how much one player costs, as it most likely wont impact your ability to spend more later in the window, or the next few windows..

So really, considering the money does not matter.. it just seems like you are getting a great player.

--

Not to worried about zlatan in all honesty, I think he will fail to live up to his billing.. but pogba is far more.
Not sure how I feel tbh, I'll endure the stick for re-signing a player for £100mill who we let go for free, what concerns me is that we're spending £100mill for a player who doesn't seemingly WANT to play for United, as much as he prefers to play for us than Juve. Either he's going to do okay, stay for a bit and maybe join Real, or he'll excel and (considering his past experience with us) possibly push for a move to Real. Meaning hell, we might lose money on him.
Zlatan's shirt sales have made a profit of £76M, by next week Pogba's fee will be paid off. Can't see why any United fan would be worried about his price tag.
Original post by sahil19
Zlatan's shirt sales have made a profit of £76M, by next week Pogba's fee will be paid off. Can't see why any United fan would be worried about his price tag.

Sauce?
Original post by That Bearded Man
Not sure how I feel tbh, I'll endure the stick for re-signing a player for £100mill who we let go for free, what concerns me is that we're spending £100mill for a player who doesn't seemingly WANT to play for United, as much as he prefers to play for us than Juve. Either he's going to do okay, stay for a bit and maybe join Real, or he'll excel and (considering his past experience with us) possibly push for a move to Real. Meaning hell, we might lose money on him.

I think you have to ignore the fact Pogba used to be at Man Utd. The reality is Pogba from 4 years ago is no longer the same as the Pogba as today. No guarantees Pogba would've developed into anything like his current ability had he stayed at Man Utd.

Surely any player who helps you climb back to previous heights (or least back into the CL) is worth it?
Original post by Zerforax
Sauce?

James Melville; Sponsorship and PR consultant.
Like 90% of that money goes to Adidas though, so we're nowhere near paying off a Pogba fee. It does pretty much make Zlatan a zero risk signing though. His brand being associated with United is paying his wages.
Original post by sahil19
James Melville; Sponsorship and PR consultant.

Seems a crap sauce.

Original post by Fizzel
Like 90% of that money goes to Adidas though, so we're nowhere near paying off a Pogba fee. It does pretty much make Zlatan a zero risk signing though. His brand being associated with United is paying his wages.

:love: Fizzel talking all the sense.

Although can't ignore that Adidas are paying Man Utd like £75mil a year to be able to sell the shirts..
for a minute I forgot that you guys are not in the CL next year.

Nice to be able to just focus on the league I guess..
This TFM news better be BS.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by sahil19

You have to be the thickest f*ck on this planet (granted there's a lot of them in Manchester) to actually believe this is anywhere near true.

Latest