The Student Room Group

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Thread Mark l : DISCUSSION :)

(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm so excited. First official story in 9 years. I have had it preordered for months. :awesome:
Reply 2

Meh, it's just a script. I sold my first row dress circle tickets when I found out how cliche the plot is.
Original post by Airmed
I'm so excited. First official story in 9 years. I have had it preordered for months. :awesome:

IKR :biggrin: so excited - decided I'll avoid any type of media on sunday until I've got & read it:biggrin: - I pre-ordered on Tuesday :biggrin:my parents don't believe it would sell out! lol. where did you preorder yours from? I'm getting mine from whsmiths as there isn't a waterstones in my town
Original post by Ciel.
Meh, it's just a script. I sold my first row dress circle tickets when I found out how cliche the plot is.

glad my english literature teacher at school taught our class to read a script then :smile: then again I coudn't afford the tickets either :frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by bizzy_penguin
IKR :biggrin: so excited - decided I'll avoid any type of media on sunday until I've got & read it:biggrin: - I pre-ordered on Tuesday :biggrin:my parents don't believe it would sell out! lol. where did you preorder yours from? I'm getting mine from whsmiths as there isn't a waterstones in my town

Of course it would sell out, we're suckers for Harry Potter. :tongue: I preordered from Waterstones, so I got it half price.
Reply 6
glad my english literature teacher at school taught our class to read a script then :smile:

Don't be silly, anyone can read a script. I had to write one too, I did Film Studies in college *rolls eyes*.
I'm just saying that publishing a script, instead of an actual novel is quite cheap. Plus if you're even slightly familiar with fanfiction.... the whole thing will just make you laugh.
Original post by Airmed
Of course it would sell out, we're suckers for Harry Potter. :tongue: I preordered from Waterstones, so I got it half price.

cool same its 1/2 price @ whsmiths have you picked up a book on the release date before? would you recommend getting there 1/2 an hour before the shop opens for example? whsmith smiths opens @9am no idea howlong the ques going to be but then again this is harry potter...
Reply 8
cool same its 1/2 price @ whsmiths have you picked up a book on the release date before? would you recommend getting there 1/2 an hour before the shop opens for example? whsmith smiths opens @9am no idea howlong the ques going to be but then again this is harry potter...

I'd go early. My Waterstones is opening at 11pm on Saturday until 1am to let people collect it early
Original post by Ciel.
Don't be silly, anyone can read a script. I had to write one too, I did Film Studies in college *rolls eyes*.
I'm just saying that publishing a script, instead of an actual novel is quite cheap. Plus if you're even slightly familiar with fanfiction.... the whole thing will just make you laugh.

I've read some HP fanfiction :tongue:. then again publishing a script would suit me or I'd be furious I couldn't go to see it - the tickets are around £200!!! plus I live nowhere near London at all...
Reply 10
I've read some HP fanfiction :tongue:. then again publishing a script would suit me or I'd be furious I couldn't go to see it - the tickets are around £200!!! plus I live nowhere near London at all...

"We are pleased to announce that on 4 August 2016 at 11am BST, a further 250,000 tickets will be released for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre for performances from 27 May to 10 December 2017. Tickets are priced from £15 and there will be 300 tickets for every performance at £20 or less per part. " - You might be interested, if you want to see it really badly.
Still, I don't think it's worth it.
Original post by Airmed
I'd go early. My Waterstones is opening at 11pm on Saturday until 1am to let people collect it early

2 hours only for waterstones to pick up? ah misread for daytime not night :smile:
yep that's definitely early
Reply 12
2 hours only for waterstones to pick up? ah misread for daytime not night :smile:
yep that's definitely early

It's then opening at 10.30am for an all day party.
Original post by Ciel.
"We are pleased to announce that on 4 August 2016 at 11am BST, a further 250,000 tickets will be released for Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre for performances from 27 May to 10 December 2017. Tickets are priced from £15 and there will be 300 tickets for every performance at £20 or less per part. " - You might be interested, if you want to see it really badly.
Still, I don't think it's worth it.

hmmm probably not - only go to London like once a year bc I'm still @ 6th form/college surviving on a paper round lol, plus we'd have to books kennels for our dog, & most likely stay overnight in a travelodge... which all add up :frown::smile:
but hey who needs to pay that when you can buy the book for £10? :smile: are you getting the script/book on sunday?
Original post by Airmed
It's then opening at 10.30am for an all day party.

have fun :smile: :biggrin: trying to reread all 7 books before sunday and I've only finished the first one via audiobook so far I might have to multitask...
Reply 15
hmmm probably not - only go to London like once a year bc I'm still @ 6th form/college surviving on a paper round lol, plus we'd have to books kennels for our dog, & most likely stay overnight in a travelodge... which all add up :frown::smile:
but hey who needs to pay that when you can buy the book for £10? :smile: are you getting the script/book on sunday?

I don't know. To be honest, I find the plot so ridiculous that a part of me doesn't even want to read it for free :laugh:
Reply 16
have fun :smile: :biggrin: trying to reread all 7 books before sunday and I've only finished the first one via audiobook so far I might have to multitask...

Multitasking is good :tongue:

Original post by Ciel.
I don't know. To be honest, I find the plot so ridiculous that a part of me doesn't even want to read it for free :laugh:

Please don't spoil the plot! Please. A part of it has been spoiled for me, don't need the rest. :laugh:
Original post by Ciel.

I guess you could always unplug from social media sunday :smile: or avoid any type of communication and avoid media all day...:smile: i think its going to be on the news/newspaper/facebook/twitter... basically everything you read/hear its going to pop up :smile:
Original post by Airmed

Please don't spoil the plot! Please. A part of it has been spoiled for me, don't need the rest. :laugh:

the HP play hashtag #KEEPTHESECRETS has now been added to the first post
Reply 19
Original post by Airmed

Don't worry, I've no intention of revealing any real details :wink: what did you find out btw?

Quick Reply

Latest