The Student Room Group

Pregnant?

Okay so basically, me and my boyfriend has sex a few times last month without condoms as I am on Rigevideon, I took it daily never missing a pill but due to being in school and finishing I didn't taking it at the same time everyday aside my last 2 ish weeks and I had my withdrawal bleed but I've also been told I could still be pregnant? I visited Brook and the man I saw reassured me and told me he thinks I'll be fine and said the rules for the combined pill aren't so strict as to take it at the same time everyday, only missing two pills would be a cause for concern. I took a test and it came out negative but you can never be too sure. Please, any thoughts? I'm going mad!
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Okay so basically, me and my boyfriend has sex a few times last month without condoms as I am on Rigevideon, I took it daily never missing a pill but due to being in school and finishing I didn't taking it at the same time everyday aside my last 2 ish weeks and I had my withdrawal bleed but I've also been told I could still be pregnant? I visited Brook and the man I saw reassured me and told me he thinks I'll be fine and said the rules for the combined pill aren't so strict as to take it at the same time everyday, only missing two pills would be a cause for concern. I took a test and it came out negative but you can never be too sure. Please, any thoughts? I'm going mad!

If you've been taking it every day, the exact timing isn't too important. That plus a negative test means pregnancy I'd extremely unlikely, but test again in a few weeks if you really want to be sure.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous

No pill is 100% effective even if taken correctly and it is important to take regular pregnancy tests if you are sexually active and trying to avoid pregnancy. You have a 12 hour window to take a missed pill with Rigevidon, and if you have missed this then you would need to assume you are not protected and look at getting emergency contraception. The withdrawal bleed is not a true period and doesn't prove that you are not pregnant. Sometimes it can take a few weeks for a positive pregnancy test result to show up, as false negatives are pretty common.

Quick Reply

Latest